S-maxx weedwacker build?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trainguy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been planning a custom R/C truck.

My current idea is:
Use the Traxxas S-maxx suspension, transmission, and drivetrain.

Make a custom chassis out of aluminum tubes and plates. Putting them together with J.B. Weld.

Then have a weedwacker motor and S-maxx transmission put together via pulley and belt.

Would this work? Weedwacker too heavy? Tranny not stong enough?

Pls Give ideas...

you would have to have some BEEFY shocks to hold it up. or like 8 of them in the rear.

JB weld is nice, but its not going to hold.

i dont think any of the maxx drivetrain would hold up to a gasser, just because of all the extra weight its carring around.

It would be easier to make buddys with a welder, and build your own 5th scale. use shocks off a baja and build a chassis.

My 1/4 scale uses a weed wacker engine its 4ft long weighs about 30lbs.Sorry to say your idea isn't happening it would be like a monkey fu_king a football see what i mean.:p:

Yeah... nothing would hold up. The tranny will not even hold up to a large nitro engine let alone a gasser that is twenty times the power. JB Weld...also not going to happen. I am all about custom builds but not going to work in any way.

Back to the drawing board...

Would this work any better, using the stock trx 3.3 motor? Decided to rebuild the motor.

I would use everything on my S-maxx, but the stock chassis.

Any ideas, the specs for it are: 29" long, 12" wide at rear bumper, 8" tall at rollcage.

Attachments

• rc_design.jpg
    rc_design.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 103
Back