Rx/tx for my dad

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Wanna get another rx/tx for my dad. (When me and him drive at the same time) If i do get a new rx/tx I will get rid of the stock traxxas TQ ones I have. Thinking about going with flysky. If I get a more expensive radio I would give him my radiolink. With the cheaper side I am thinking about the Flysky gt3b or another model. I think the one I am thinking about is a 7 channel one. On the expensive side there is Futaba (4pm, 3pv) Sanwa (mt5) and lastly Spektrum (DX5C or other variation of the DX5). Or might even get another radiolink? But the thing I am worried about with another radiolink is them both communicating with each other. I also heard some other amazon radios like DumboRC are good. Just looking for a better feel and more adjustments.

Last edited:
For a budget rx/tx , you can't go wrong with a Flysky GT3B, I have two them and a couple guys in here use them also.
My Spektrum DX5C is my favorite though and is super easy to bind.
I also have a DumboRC which for a budget transmitter it is good.

I am probably going to go with flysky. With Flysky, I am looking at the GT3B, G7P, and the NB4 (which isnt on the cheaper side) I also saw they had different variations of the gt3b. They have the gt3b, gt3c, it3b,it3c. The IT models look the same as the GT models. Also I am looking for a 4+channel just because if I am going to be hooking up a transponder, LED lights or an on board audio system (kind of like my slash had)

I am probably going to go with flysky. With Flysky, I am looking at the GT3B, G7P, and the NB4 (which isnt on the cheaper side) I also saw they had different variations of the gt3b. They have the gt3b, gt3c, it3b,it3c. The IT models look the same as the GT models. Also I am looking for a 4+channel just because if I am going to be hooking up a transponder, LED lights or an on board audio system (kind of like my slash had)
Well if you're looking for a 4 channel then your limited to either the G7P or the NB4. The rest of those Flyskys are 3 channel.

I didnt know they had an IT3b out or Id have probably tried one of those out instead of buying a second GT3b. Its just an updated version. Oh well :)

Or might even get another radiolink? But the thing I am worried about with another radiolink is them both communicating with each other. I also heard some other amazon radios like DumboRC are good. Just looking for a better feel and more adjustments.
Just because they are the same radio, they shouldnt communicate with each other. We run multiple radios together when we go out in groups, FlySky FS-GT3B being one of the more popular around here, but we have also been known to run 6-10 DumboRC's all at the same time, several guys have and run the Radiolink RC6GS all at the same time, and i havent seen any issues with interference. Recently, i found a local bash group, and, at times, there will be 20 or more of us running the same types, if not the same brands of trucks, and, there isnt much variety in what radios we use. The last nice weekend we had, about 30 of us all ran Traxxas TQI setups with no issues. One of the local tracks can sometimes get upwards of 30 people for a Slash spec race, and all of them use either TQ or TQI radios. Newer 2.4GHZ stuff tends to eliminate cross talk, unlike older AM and FM systems.

Personally, since i dont need more than 3 channels, I've been buying cheap Associated XP-120's. So far, i have 4 of them, and they get run quite often together,

Going to look at the RC6GS. It is basically the same as the RC4GS but with a few more switches and it comes with the RC7 receiver. With that receiver you can plug in the battery the same time as the esc and on the radio you can see the battery voltage. In my RC4GS I still have the 6 AA's and it is reading 7.9v. Might get a tx lipo pack to last longer but with that pack, when I am not running the cars should I put it on storage charge or just leave it as it is? Because it will be another battery to charge up to run. My uncle runs a 1100 LiFe pack in his futaba. He had to get a new one since he didn't storage charge it and used the radio for a long time.
What happened is one of the cells went to 0 volts and the other was still half charged.

all Lithium batteries need or should be put in storage mode when they sit for longer than 24 hours between uses. the have different voltages for different materials in them.on/fe/so on

Back