Rustler VXL 2WD shocks and drive shafts recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozmonot71

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I had a driveshaft that kept popping off when doing even small jumps. U joint would pull apart right by the tranny on slip clutch side. It never broke but was worn where it was pulling out. I moved the camber link to too hole, got new tires and did not have anymore issues.
Doing a speed run I hit a hole and popped shaft off again. I managed to pop it back on. Did two more runs. The first 55mph! The second I hit 52 but as soon as I tried to slow down the shaft popped off. It just would not slow down then. I tried to cut right to avoid the curb but it was too late. Broke lots of stuff.
So I have most of what I need but cannot get a clear answer on shock upgrades or drive shafts.
I like driving on all terrains. I plan on getting into bashing and jumping. Right now I just tear around the hood and clock speeds.
Just want something tough, and will help handling etc. The stock shocks to me west doing great. It handled good. Probably not on jumps though. I had it sitting low. Thanks I’m advance for help. FYI I’m going with blue and or orange colors. But not an absolute necessity

Use the traxxas big bore shocks with 60wt oil and use the extreme heavy duty driveshafts I use them there better than mip metal ones especially when bashing
Also note to self use the correct screw with the gap on it I didn’t and broke the cap on a landing

kozmo,

As Addict says, the TRX XHD drive shafts should work well for you. Actually, had a set in my shopping card but instead went with a pair of ST Racing steel's. Still keeping the XHD's on the wish list in case the ST's don't work out.

Your Rusty is getting good speed. My last Rusty runs were 52mph too. Looking to see 60. Maybe you'll get there first? Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

I told everyone if I hit 55 I’ll put the high speed gear in it and try it. But the empty Shopko parking just isn’t quite big enough for 70mph. Lol

Back