rustler rear blockhead connected to tranny????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustler.152.5

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my transmission blew the today, and now I'm tryin to get it torn down and stuff. but sumhow my blockhead wont come off the tranny. i looked at the exploded views, and it showed nothing connecting the two. Can anyone help me? :bored:

It is a tight fit, so you need to pry on something to break it lose. Are you going to replace the rear bulkhead?

nope, unless i have to. So if i pryed the bulkhead or gave it a good whack :hammer: it should come loose?? I think the diff is messed up becuz i put a .21 on there, and i think it tore her up. I need to use the slipper clutch, but it always ends up slippin too much.

Yeah, i guess thats what happens with too much horsepower... i have experienced that. It should just slid up off of the tranny...

ok, cool thanks. have u done anything special to solve that problem??

Which problem? not enough power... yeah i got that all ironed out... :hammer:

just like the problem with the tranny goin bad. is there anything i can rly do?? like upgrade

Did you ever take it apart? Or is the slipper just too lose or something? if you hold the spur gear, can both wheels move together? If so, check to see that the shaft going through the slipper isnt moving...

ya i checked that. i was just wondering if i could get like steel gears or sumthin. I still have to see wut messed up inside the tranny.

The only upgrade you can get for the nitro rustler tranny is a ball diff. Thats it, and its like $50... So, do the wheels turn when you hold the spur?

ya..........i found that my diff is shot.

Is it the inside of the diff, or the gear its self?

its just the inside. I've had the same diff for about 2 or 3 years. So i guess its just old.

So, is it the metal planetary gears inside? if so, those may be a weak point, so stock up on them. How long have you been running the .21 on it?

I've been running it about 4 tanks. i think its because the actual diff gear is like a synthetic plastic thing. I think the stuff just started flexing too much. Cuz none of the gears are stripped or anything. I just think I'm gettin the pro ball diff.

Back