Running with Opitdrive and failsafe?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so if I'm running my revo with both these i have protection against low voltage and transmitter signal loss?

planning on buying the ofna failsafe and using the factory optidrive with the FOC

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

with those 2 I'm place including the throttle return spring there is no chance of it going WOT?

You don't need both especially with the FOC. Usually most failsafes also have a low voltage detection. Ditch the Opti-junk.

does the ofna provide low voltage protection? if so ill leave optidrive in for now till i get the ofna failsafe.

http://www.ofna.com/failsafe-micro.html

AS with most all radio systems, only 1 fail safe can be installed at a time. If you try and use 2 fail safes they usually are not compatible with each other and neither will work.
Remove the optidrive and the ofna fail safe will cover all your needs except for the TRS.

so since i have a trs I'm all good?

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

providing i get the ofna failsafe

Thats all you should need.

Or a better radio system with a built in failsafe:)

Back