Rs4 3 engine question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_bob

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys i know i asked this like a year or 2 ago but i was wondering is this still a good cheap engine to put into my rs4 3

O.S. .18 CV-RX w/11J Rotary Carb

if not please let me know

oh and before you ask i dont do any racing just street stuff

Last edited:
I put that mill in my RS4 and it can be too much power at times. its easy to put in and wont break the bank. I would reccomend it.
O.jpg

RS4.jpg

what mounts do you need for that engine. i have one of these (rs4) sitting on my shelf and it looks like a good winter project.

Rusty Savage said:
what mounts do you need for that engine. i have one of these (rs4) sitting on my shelf and it looks like a good winter project.

That depends on which model you have...HPI (along with many others like Powerline, WPR, etc.) makes mounts in both pullstart and non-pullstart configurations for the NITRO3. I'm partial to the WPR ones...they're by far the nicest IMO...the powerline mounts and cheap and work perfectly good too! (they match the HPI pink perfectly and are heatsink mounts).

***sorry*** by "which model you have" i meant whether you have a pullstart or a bumpstart engine.

Last edited:
I just used the stock mounts for the RS4