RPM front arms and caster angle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diozxlive

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
is it normal to lose some caster angle upon installation of RPM front arms? i used to have the stock arms + 4spacers on each arm but after installation of RPM front arms the angle seems a bit less by few degrees...

Yeah, the RPM arms do not allow for caster adjustment as they are molded to fit precisely between and/or around the bulkheads mounting tabs. You could easily modify them but that MAY run the risk of voiding the warranty.

When I put my RPM arms on, they still allowed for 4 spacers in front (or back if you want less steering) and you can mill down the bulk head a bit and get two more in. No one I've seen at the track or anywhere else with the RPM arms has a set that doesn't allow for caster adjustments. Not sure where you got some that fit precisely between and/or around the bulkheads mounting tabs. Strange indeed.

after installing the RPM arms i am still using the 4clips but the caster angle decreased a bit. i might grind a bit off the the bulkheads to allow more clips (2 more)