RPM Cage or double sided tape for Castle Monster ESC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
A little different "Emaxx" StonerRC365 style build . Keep seeing RPM esc mounting cage. So ?? just slap it to the chassis with some mounting tape? Or should I get this cage for mounting / protection ?🤔🤔 👍 👎

Thoughts I'm usually a nitro/build guy so the electric/lipo side is kinda new to me.

If its the cage that screws to the truck and craddles the esc, cage it. I have an og mamba. Its come lose many times, been banged, rattled, slamed, slapped, and even fed a few spurs in its life. Still tickin. The cage mount also has a switch holder. My esc is hot wired now.

Keep in mind to ziptie wires away from rotating objects.

If its the cage that screws to the truck and craddles the esc, cage it. I have an og mamba. Its come lose many times, been banged, rattled, slamed, slapped, and even fed a few spurs in its life. Still tickin. The cage mount also has a switch holder. My esc is hot wired now.

Keep in mind to ziptie wires away from rotating objects.
Thanks man! Got the monster 2 esc. And really wasn't liking the idea of useing tape. To attach it to the chassis. It's got some weight to it. And for the $$ of it really didn't want to see it go flying out. While in air or something. Thanks man

Typically I use servo tape on my ESCs, especially for conversions not that theres anything wrong with the RPM mount. The only kit I ever had an ESC fly out of was my 100+MPH Rustler so I started using servo tape and a big fat zip tie right over top of it. Never came out again.

Typically I use servo tape on my ESCs, especially for conversions not that theres anything wrong with the RPM mount. The only kit I ever had an ESC fly out of was my 100+MPH Rustler so I started using servo tape and a big fat zip tie right over top of it. Never came out again.
Dam 100mph that's great 👍got the heavy duty 40lbs 3m tape last night. I did order one but it's wrong one ret and I'm a little 😭😭 butthurt LOL want to drive. Really not a fan of online would rather go to hobby shop. Oh well sip ties/ and tape

After having my MMX pop off the mount on my savage flux hp and slam into the spur gear... I went with the cage and modified it a little to work on my maxx 4S. After having it pop off on my savage, I wrapped my ESC's with zipties if I couldn't screw them down. The cage looks nicer than zipties.

I know many people swear by VHB tape, but it just doesn't hold well for me. Even after cleaning everything with DA, using real 3M VHB tape, it still comes loose. Besides, having it screwed down is easier to remove if you need to anyway.

After having my MMX pop off the mount on my savage flux hp and slam into the spur gear... I went with the cage and modified it a little to work on my maxx 4S. After having it pop off on my savage, I wrapped my ESC's with zipties if I couldn't screw them down. The cage looks nicer than zipties.

I know many people swear by VHB tape, but it just doesn't hold well for me. Even after cleaning everything with DA, using real 3M VHB tape, it still comes loose. Besides, having it screwed down is easier to remove if you need to
Got to wait till Tom but I'm going to get one. Like you said if I need to get it out for some reason. Easier then the ties and tape. Going back to HT tomorrow to get it.

Got the Cage.. Got to love your LHS. Was there last Night didn't want to wait for them to find it. They called this morning saying. We got your cage here waiting for you anytime till 8pm love HT in tomsriver NJ

Attachments

• 16259363551971077255761391910176.jpg
    16259363551971077255761391910176.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 30
Back