Rovan baja. Buggy or truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So after talking myself out of another nitro i started looking into the 1/5 scale cars. If i can find a used one local at a decent price i might end up with one. I like th looks of the trucks better than the buggys. But was not sure if there was any advantages one might have over the other. No racing just bashing around

I don't have a Rovan gas truck but I do have the Baja 5b with the Q Baja shorty conversion. I love it.
I am also in the process of building another Baja 5b.
My Baja now has the 30.5cc engine but the new one I am building will have a 45cc engine.

IMG_0207.JPG

Last edited:
So i found a rovan basic 5b buggy that is brand new and untouched for 400 bucks. About a hour drive... Super tempting

GET IT , you won't find a better deal if it's new.
RovanRC on ebay and FearlessRC is where I purchase my parts. The only thing that I had to replace that failed is the servo. Unbelievable quality for the price.

No not yet, that is one of the add photos. So yall could see how it looks
Its been listed for a few weeks. I told him if he still has it sunday morning i will come get it.. so we will see

Last edited:
Welll. After my quick venture back into rc trucks after 15yrs I've spent about 1200 bucks in the last 2 months. Currently trying to take it easy, but i always go full tilt with my hobbies

Didnt work out. Other things came up, owning a house cost money lol

Back