Roll cages?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadfingers

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I like running the tmaxx with the body off, but I was beating it up without any protection.I was at the LHS and I picked up a roll cage for it. The thing is kinda heavy, so I got a set of big bore shocks, to maybe help with the extra weight, not sure what else I mght need to upgrade. I have the body and the shocks on , but haven't tried it out yet...waiting for it to wam up some............ just wondered if any of you guys have run the tmaxx with a cage? Pros,cons?

Thanks, lots of good info here!

I ve run a cage on mine now for about 4 tanks and like it better than body. It is heavy but I am also mid 3.3 for picco swap so I probably wont notice a difference is power or speed. As far as suspension goes I use traxxas progressive rate springs with pre load spacers and haven't noticed much difference there either. However I dont do big jumps and dont catch big air.

I've ran it since my rig was new it saved the truck plenty of times after some major crashes I swear by it I'm in the process of building a custom one for my extended chassis

Thanks for the in put guys.The cage is very easy to install, 4 screws. I paid $40 at the HS for the same cage, looking forward to trying it out, with the new shocks.The big bore's came with speical mounting stud screws, but I used the OEM screws, seems to work fine.Should I go back and replace them with the ones that came with the BB's ?

Figured I'd add a link to where I baught my roll cage for cheap and most my parts. This guy is kinda hidden in my town I just happened to come across his stuff on eBay, I've never heard of his company nor has most ppl I know. I got 140 worth of parts for 120 and went back and baught his bead lock tire set for 60 instead of 75. So he's very reasonable with his pricing and his parts are very high quality anyways enjoy. www.rcraven.com

Figured I'd add a link to where I baught my roll cage for cheap and most my parts. This guy is kinda hidden in my town I just happened to come across his stuff on eBay, I've never heard of his company nor has most ppl I know. I got 140 worth of parts for 120 and went back and baught his bead lock tire set for 60 instead of 75. So he's very reasonable with his pricing and his parts are very high quality anyways enjoy. www.rcraven.com

RC Raven is the cage I put on my Tmaxx. Excellent fit and finish. I went with the candy apple red stainless steel for the extended chassis. :D

Thanks for the link. That guy has a lot of stuff and his prices are really reasonable.

Yes it's designed to fit with any body

Back