Roll Cages

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What companies make roll cages out there? I am looking for a custom one to be built for my max.

You gotta go to the Traxxas forum and find a guy Iowa T he builds em custom to specific bodies, he has one especially made for the Jeep, he only charges $55 and I think that includes shipping too, I might be wrong on that, thats for a full cage. The new era is $149. Divine has one of Iowa Ts and it is a really nice cage, not to mention the price.

That might work. Is the cage made for the 21 conversion body? If you look at the side view of the pics of my new body you'll see I had to mount it slightly forward so I can put the glow plug igniter in when I start it with the body on.

I think he stocks four different styles but will do custom also. Its the best price I have seen for a full cage. I thought about getting one but they weigh almost a pound and I did not want to add that much weight to my .15, on a 21 I dont think it would be a problem

I hate that site. All the annoying pop-ups!!! I looked for an e-mail for the guy but didn't find one. Instead I posted a message on his message board. Hopefully he'll read it.

That bothers me too, but if its helping him keep his prices low I guess its a good thing, But I hate pop up adds with a passion! If you get one post pics.

I will do that. Hopefully he replies to my message, in an e-mail where I will not have to worry about the pop-ups.

Originally posted by NCNitro
I think he stocks four different styles but will do custom also. Its the best price I have seen for a full cage. I thought about getting one but they weigh almost a pound and I did not want to add that much weight to my .15, on a 21 I dont think it would be a problem
I have a 21 and am already thinking about a bigger engine. Maybe buying this will be the catalyst to tinkering with an even bigger engine for a t-max.

"Iowa" is a very good guy to do business with. He works with whatever your need is. If you dont like something, or where it is located, just send it back and he will take care of whatever you need.

Its the best money I have spent on an upgrade for my Maxx. *2 thumbs up:banana: :banana: or in this case, bannannas!

Oops, almost forgot, he will finish them any way you like.

Is there a plastic variety out there. Steel or alum will be strong but I'd hate to have the roll cage survive at the expense of totalling ym t-maxx.