Roll bar upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman1204

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am looking for something to replace the factory plastic roll bar with. I have an RC solutions cage but it wasn't what I really wanted. I want something that just replaces the factory plastic bar and then maybe ties to the rear bulkhead or something.

It just seems like everytime the revo and rolls over and lands very softly on its lid it bends the stupid chassis under the motor mount.

Get the new era bar and a wing on it. I then use a Losi LST turnbuckle to brace the body/wing mount by tying it to the top of the shock mount.

I'm running a big block in my revo so I raised the back legs of NE roll bar about 1/2-3/4" using spacers to give me enough height so the wing and roll bar make contact before the engine does. I also cut a couple fins off my engine... felt like sacrilege cutting the fins off an LRP... but has worked out really well for about a years worth of running.

You can kind of see the turnbuckle and where I have it connected here:
2012-0108-RevoRear.jpg

Adds a lot of strength to the rear body mount. Before I put that I, I kept losing the screws that hold the body mount onto the truck. They would just loosen constantly due to the mount being flexed by the wing making impact with the ground during wheelies and whatnot.

Olds97, Hope you like the LRP Z28 Spec 3 you have on the way. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Back