Robinson Racing Slipper Clutch for 4909 Tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spikes32

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone have any thoughts on the new Gen 3 slipper clutches? I was thinking about upgrading from the stock 3 disc unit to this style. I am not sure if this will work for my Max or not. Below is the listing for the part.

#7758 - Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 GEN3 Slipper Kit - 58 tooth 0.8 module steel spur gear/slipper pad/backplate/bearing. $46.50

I know Robinson makes great products, but maybe there might be too much friction/pad area to allow enough slippage when needed? Maybe run this slipper a little more loose than stock?

I'm getting it for my maxx but off ebay for $32.98 free shipping. Also getting the rrp7924 hardened 24t clutchbell. Last but not least i will be ordering the full RR wide ratio gear set for tranny. Like stated above you may want to adjust slipper a tad looser to allow for it to give a bit instead of too tight and not allowing it to slip and causing internal gears to fail. I'm running the picco .26 and its pretty much a needed item for me to go all RR gears if i go with the gen 3 unit. This will complete all i intend on upgrading on mine. I hope then it will be completely picco proof.