Robinson racing 72T metal spur gear problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull791

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a 72T metal spur gear on my tmaxx. It looks like my spur gear its hitting my battery box. I try to move my box and even move the tranny with no luck. Now if I'm spinning my gear it looks wobbly side to side. It dose not spin even. is that normal or is there something wrong with it ? I had it for a while but I broke my battery box and replace with a new one. It was always touching my battery box even with old battery. just don't want to grove another box. Any input will be great.

The T-Maxx spur will always have a little wobble to it due to the design of the mechanism that keeps it tight. However, I'm having a hard time imagining that your spur is cutting into your battery box. Can you post a picture?

The shaft that your spur gear is on could be bent and that would cause it to be wobbly and possibly hit your battery box.

my t-maxx is the same way but it barley hits the battery box just enough to but a mark on the box and mine has the RB 72 spur and it wobbles a tiny bit never had a hge issue with it ...

yea i think its just the rr spur that does it its a little thicker

I'd take off the robinson spur gear.. I had one and all it did was tear up my clutch bell.. and i know i had proper gear mesh

i got to checking my kit is the dual slipper clutch kit and it came with a little sleeve that went on before the spur and clutch like a little spacer and mine still hits just a tinny bit but i don't worry about it..

i got to checking my kit is the dual slipper clutch kit and it came with a little sleeve that went on before the spur and clutch like a little spacer and mine still hits just a tinny bit but i don't worry about it..
I have to agree with you on that, I have the same problem with the wobble and took notice that the bearing is only half way into the spur gear and I didn't get any kind of spacer with it.
I was going to see what I could come up with to shim the bearing out but figured I would do a little research first before I create more problems and was very pleased to read your post

Back