RIP Xbox 360's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Over the XMas break my son and I finally killed the 360 I got from my Dad. It was one of the newer version bought 2 years ago with HDMI, but it didn't matter. I knew it was just getting too hot for it's own good.

Back to my original 360 to see how long it would last. When I say original, I mean it was one of the very first bought during launch of the console years ago. Well my son just called me and said it's finished after less than 2 weeks. I even had this one sitting on top of the TV stand in order to get maximum cooling.

Looks like I stop on my way home and get one of the Arcade versions since I don't need a HD or headset. Supposedly it has the latest chipset and is not plagued by the problems of it's predecessors. I must have a new console for the weekend so I can get my on-line MW2 fix.

My dad actually killed his original 360 and never tossed it so I now have 3 dead 360's. Looks like I can get about $30 each on feebay so that is what I am going to do. I can also get about $30 each for the 2 Hard Drives I don't need from the broken consoles. The proceeds will go a long way to covering the cost of the new $200 console. I think I will also sell the wireless controller the Arcade version comes with. I already have 5 other controllers LOL.

i am on my third. rrod on the others

I'm glad I went to ps3, I had two 360's die with in just a couple hours of use, but the ps3 is running strong. Although Id gladly switch controllers.

I like the PS3 controller better. A lot of people dont though.

I always have like the ps controller better too until I got Reflex, you have to use r1,r2 and l1, l2 always for the gas, break, clutch and modifier and the gas is can only be r2 or l2 wich is hard to control while trying to control the bike movements plus the rider movements with both toggels.

I can't stand the PS3 controllers. They are too small and light for my taste.

My PS3 has had no problems, but it as never been subjected to 8-10 hour long gaming marathons like my 360's.

My 360 is running fine, it was a year old the day after christmas lol.

This past christmas is 2 years now for my xbox.. I did get a new two christmas' ago because my first burnt out on my carpet..now its ventilated good and its still running strong.. MW2 FTW!!!

Good ventilation is a must with a 360.

My dad's with the HDMI was inside the open front TV stand. While it had 6 inches to each side, top and back clearance, it was basically cooling itself with the warm air it was expelling. This is why I put my old unit on top of the stand. It stayed a lot cooler according to my temp gun, but I think it had issues before I even started using it again.

I will be up and running again in a couple of hours so I can settle in for an evening of Team Deathmatch.

I played reflex on ps3 and it wasn't to hard. I have played 12 hours straight on my ps3 and its fine.

Having "man hands" makes the ps controller too small like Rob said imo too...atleast for some games. The xbox controller is just really really user friendly BUT they had ps to go off of to make theirs a better control too.

I am back in business.

First thing I noticed is that the power supply is 25% smaller. It also runs quieter and much cooler.

The old consoles would spew very warm air just a minute of being on and the top of the console would be warm to the touch after 5 minutes. The new one is spewing barely warm air and that is no warmer than the air that comes out of my computer tower and is stone cold on top after a half hour of running.

It has 512mb of internal memory which is what is referred to as the Jasper model and is supposed to be the latest and the greatest.

xbox 360 is king because it works flawlessly with my whs.

After a weekend of gaming I am impressed with the improvements MS has made with the console.

My son and I must have had it on Live for 10 hours straight between the 2 of us on Sat and the console never got hot. It never even got warm to the touch on top.

Maybe somebody here knows...

The HD on the 360 is where your account data is stored and not the internal drive correct?

I think the only data by default on the internal drive is the dashboard data and the network connection data.

The reason I ask is that I am selling off the busted 360's without the HD's and don't want anybody to get my account data off of them.

Last edited:
I don't want to jenx myself but, my gaming computer is doing well too. It pretty much has been holding up to most of the latest games... Oh yeah, I slapped it together back in the summer of 05. :)

Game saves, downloads and your account all save to where ever you save them. It may be on your HD, Memory unit or internal memory(NEW Consoles) if you have it.
Are you selling any consoles with internal memory? If not you are safe as long as you aren't sending the HDs. I confused my self with that one, I hope you understand. :D
Oh and the console you got from your dad sounds like it's covered by the 3 year RROD warranty for FREE repair. Have you looked into that? RROD have 3 Year warranty, I think every thing else is 1 year How much are you selling these for? PM me!:hehe:

Last edited:
Back