rim/tire question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxVASSAGOxX

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
does anyone eles have a savageXL and teh wheels and tires wobble like crazy? is this a factory problem?? guess ill be biuing new rims and rubber

Last edited:
I had the same problem i put two holes in my tires ind taped the rim holes it made it alot better but i still got new wheels and rubber

Have you been driving in wet conditions? If so, do what ford27 did. Well, drill holes in the tires themselves. Just small ones right in the center of the tire. Centrifugal force will fling the water out of the tires and help them run more balanced.

It takes very little water to upset MT tires.

It's a Monster truck, the tires are going to wobble.
You can try balancing them with modeling clay. It works very nicely.

Nice!! I'll have to start drilling some hole in my tires now. Thanks for the idea.

no being a monster truck is not the answer.. i fixed the problem buy bitching to hpi on the phone there sending me a new set of rims and tires free.. but in the mean time i changed them out with the jumbomaxx insane big tires and rims i got.. no wobble at all.. seems its a defect in the hpi 7in tires..