Revo tranny rebuild kit?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
A buddy of mine gave me a revo 3.3 tranny that needs a full rebuild. Can I buy a rebuild kit with all the internal gears plus bearing's or do I have to order each part individual? I looked on ebay and couldn't not find a rebuild kit so i figured one of you guys may know. It needs all the bearing's, wide ratio gear, and the main drive gear that also works with the brake (sorry I'm not sure what that gear is called). I know I can order each part individualy but I figured it would prob be cheaper to order a rebuild kit if they make one.

Yea that's what I was thinking too. I wish I could make use of this tranny but pretty much all the parts are shot but the brakes and slipper. I was wanting to rebuild it to have a extra tranny but I can buy a brand new one on ebay for 50 bucks and it will prob cost me more than that to buy each of these parts individualy to rebuild this one. I was really hoping traxxas made a complete tranny rebuild kit for like $25.00.

Just bought a brand new FO tranny on ebay for $22.00. Thanks guys. I will just trash this tranny he gave me.

I wouldnt trash it. If you really want to rebuild it go ahead and do it piece by piece. Besides things like the tranny case can come in handy to have in the parts bin like if your were to strip a screw in the other case or have a crash and crack it by chance. I don't throw anything away that can be reused.

True. I will put it in my rc part junk corner shelf. ;)

A buddy of mine gave me a revo 3.3 tranny that needs a full rebuild. Can I buy a rebuild kit with all the internal gears plus bearing's or do I have to order each part individual? I looked on ebay and couldn't not find a rebuild kit so i figured one of you guys may know. It needs all the bearing's, wide ratio gear, and the main drive gear that also works with the brake (sorry I'm not sure what that gear is called). I know I can order each part individualy but I figured it would prob be cheaper to order a rebuild kit if they make one.
What did you do after all with the rebuild for transmission looking to do the same, if I do the Robinson metal gears can still use reverse

@Nitroracer , this thread is 11 years old. I've never seen that dude so chances are he isn't around to answer that.

Back