Revo tires & Rims

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randall

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just wanted to let every one know that if you have tires that is off balance it could be sand. My truck started wobbling real bad so i check my tires and they was heavy so i deceided to cut them open and found they was full of sand from playing in it. Theres two little holes in the rims and that fine sand will get in there and start collecting. I order me some new ones and plan on taping up those two little holes. My truck is only four months old and already had to get tires i just wanted to let ever body know in case you have this trouble.:angry:

That can happen. I glued the holes shut on my emaxx tires so they don't fill with water and mud.

Those holes are to allow the tire to expand and contract.

Without those holes, once you do get an air leak, your tire is either going to air up like a balloon and remain that way or it is going to contract and remain contracted.

Those holes arent there for no reason.

Well good luck.

Those holes are to allow the tire to expand and contract.

Without those holes, once you do get an air leak, your tire is either going to air up like a balloon and remain that way or it is going to contract and remain contracted.

Those holes arent there for no reason.

Well good luck.

+++1 on that ...i have done it ..and trust me , if a tire expands on one side due to a leak and doesn't on the other side , you will have a hard time controlling it .

as for water in the tires , just make a couple holes on the outside of the tires ...they will empty them selfs out as you drive ...and makes for a cool water show ;) :hehe:

Water isn't the promblem its sand and i under stand about the air holes but at the same time i like playing in the sand so with that i dont want the same promblem again i think traxxas should have came up with a better tire so you dont need air holes that collect sand.

You need air holes regardless of the tire.

If you want to prevent getting sand in them, try putting holes in the tires and cover the holes of the rims with a screen that you glue to the rim. Then you get both. You could also glue screen to the inside of the tires where you put holes in them.

I put holes in all my tires to let water out, but I don't drive in sand. Wish I could as it would be fun, but none is around here.

What happens when you duct tape your tires to prevent ballooning, don't you cover the holes when you do that?

Thanks for the advise about using screen

---------- Post added at 3:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:20 PM ----------

No the holes are in the rims you tape the tire not the rim

I have never had an issue with mine.

Alright so that must mean we are all wrong here.
Well Thank you for your input.

We here at RCNT like to help the new people out with correct and proper information. Please step aside if you've got nothing proper or correct to offer.

Thanks every one for the advise. I'm going with 110 screen mesh this will cover the holes and still let air in and keep sand out thank's again to ever one for the advise

Back