Revo remote start with losi r.o.s.s.?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilegarage

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys I'm back into tinkering mode...and yes the wifes pissed I'm buying more stuff....

Well I've read many forums on remote starts for t maxx's that really look like crap and have all that added weight.

I want to try this on a revo 3.3

Now I have the spektrum dx3s radio radio system I'm using the telemetry and running it with the 3.3 right now my picco is being stupid. I've noticed the spektrum radio has a remote start button. nothing in the manual explains what this is for but after a little more digging i see that the new losi TEN T has R.O.S.S the onboard remote start system.

Now my plan is to rig the r.o.s.s module to my already onboard EZ start motor and to keep the weight down power it with an additional 1600mah rx batt pack.

Now i use a pullstart with my picco but if this system is riggable i would build another revo just because it would be the sh*t i mean come on push button remote start and besides the spektrum dx3s has the feature might as well use it right...

I just want to know if anyone has tried this or has any input on a better setup?

thanks guys

Last edited:
providing the onboard system can be activated by an on board servo operated switch, you should be ok to use any 3 channel radio. I have looked into this myself but always came unstuck where the weight of the starting motor, gearing, glow ignitor and battery were concerned.

for the sake of a bashing rig that would be a really sweet addition, as to racing, would it be legal ?

As far as I can tell the losi r.o.s.s module works with the remote start button on the dx3s and would not require a servo to push a button like on the ez start wand. I just dont know how the connection to the rx works does it go into the bind port or would you have to use the auxilary channel.
My whole point at the r.o.s.s module would be to eliminate the need for a servo and the use of the 3rd channel.

so hypatheticly if the module would engage the ezstart motor from the bind port on the rx then you could have the most functionable basher out there having a remote push button start and still being able to use reverse channel. not to mention you could power it from the existing receiver battery

personally, i would go against using the Rx battery and have a second, seperate battery for the "remote" start unit.

As to the 3rd channel, i was referring to that in the case that if someone has a 3 channel radio with rthe third channel doing nothing, it may be a good idea to use it for the remote start, not to push a button, but to slide a slide switch.

I'm not up on the r.o.s.s system, nor the dx3s, i dop however, know about the dx3.0 and my 3rd channel going begging...........

I just looked into it a little more and the ross system does use the aux 3rd channel, so inspite of this I think I'm going to pick up an hpi reverse mixer to keep the reverse onboard and the ross will conect directly to the ezstart motor, and yeah I was planning on running a second battery the traxxas 5 cell flat rx battery will work just fine.

all in all its alot of extra electronics but it beats carrying the heavy ezstart wand with you, now for my picco i just use the pullstart for weight issues but for a all around basher remote starting capabilities would be awesome and its worth a little extra weight

amen.

What would be nice, would be if you could ...................

hmmmmmmmmm, i'll get back to you on what i am thinking!

Instead of two batteries, how about a good 2s LiPo with a BEC for the onboard radio/servos?

battery elimination circuit ??

and here I am thinking that only motor esc's used them.................................

I'm willing to bet that a smaller(1100-1500mah or so), 2s lipo will be needed to have enough power to turn an engine over fast enough. I don't think a 6 volt battery would cut it, especially once it starts fading.

Hey metalhead, is that not what hamz said or am i imagining it ? :hehe:

Instead of two batteries, how about a good 2s LiPo with a BEC for the onboard radio/servos?

Isn't a 2s LiPo 7.4 volt ?

Also, the TRX starter wand takes a 7.2 race pak, so i would assume a battery with the same voltage would be required.................yes hamz, 6v would doubtless lack the nuts to turn a starting motor over barely a half dozen or so times before dying a death..

Last edited:
well I got a ross mudule and its all hooked up dont have reverse until i get a channel mixer, the 6volt rx battery has the power to start it ( only about 3 or 4 times) but for all the money and time i have into it its really not worth it and now I'm on to my next mission getting the 3.3 temp down I had it out today and my telemetry and my temp gun has to be getting a false reading my engine hit 481f isnt that self destruct temp? I richened it up alot and got it to stay under 270 but its super slow and has no balls and if I lean it out even the slightest little bit i get up to 340+ man I know this engine is sealed and still has good compression I guess its just going to have to run hot or die

Ok I got sent to the rcnitro talk principals office, man way to lay the wrath of god down on me for offering to sell something before my probation period. man I tell you I like this site but evrybody is going to be an ss about stuff I might as well me on myspace..

Ok I got sent to the rcnitro talk principals office, man way to lay the wrath of god down on me for offering to sell something before my probation period. man I tell you I like this site but evrybody is going to be an ss about stuff I might as well me on myspace..

Selling stuff has to be moderated closely. There's a lot of dishonesty on the net. Make sense?

I wondered when you would wake up matt :p: :hehe: :hehe:

Last edited:
I just refered someone to my ebay account...thats pretty safe with paypal and al the buyer protection not too mention my 100% positive seller feedback. But I can't really blame the admin for spanking me I know they have all that power and just can't wait to use it besides anyone can be the bully on the intenet.....

I just refered someone to my ebay account...thats pretty safe with paypal and al the buyer protection not too mention my 100% positive seller feedback. But I can't really blame the admin for spanking me I know they have all that power and just can't wait to use it besides anyone can be the bully on the intenet.....

I clearly states that you must have at least 100 posts before you can sell anything or place an ad on the rcnitrotalk forums. You can get upset all you want, but the rules here are as stated.

Back