Revo Differentials!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rckid91

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok well i want to put an LRP .28 in my revo. Now i know that i really need to do some drivetrain work..
I have already got 17mm rims with aluminum hexes and CVD's

Now the diffs i was thinking rd logics cups and the Robison racing outer gear set?? what do you guys think and what about the internal spiders??

My diffs held up ok when I run a BB in mine.

Is your trans stock with reverse? If so, I'd dump reverse and get a FOC.

You may want to get a center diff, but that will also require the rear brakes. Mine was just too wheelie happy without a center diff. I ended up going back to my 18TM because it was undrivable with the XTM24.7 which doesn't hold a candle to the LRP28.

I ran a Picco .26max for a while without any drivetrain problems.I think Traxxas has a special part number(ending in X) for a diff rebuild kit that is suppose to improve durability but I am not clear on just what is what.I have also read somewhere of swapping to the E Revo diffs for extra strength.Your plan with the RD logics and RR is a good one also.

I ran a Picco .26max for a while without any drivetrain problems.I think Traxxas has a special part number(ending in X) for a diff rebuild kit that is suppose to improve durability but I am not clear on just what is what.I have also read somewhere of swapping to the E Revo diffs for extra strength.Your plan with the RD logics and RR is a good one also.

I got the Traxxas ones that end with the 'X' in the part #. They have a bar that sits between the spider gears that gets rid of the slop that the stock ones have. I rebuilt both my front and rear diffs with them. No issues since.
Revo Diff Rebuild

hmmm i guess maybe just some aluminum diff carriers and ill go for broke then

Good info Mr. Cean. I quess the bar you spoke of is what they are calling the carrier support. I thinking can you use this in the center diff and would it be benifical if you can?

Not sure if it would work for the center diff, I've never cracked mine open to see what the set up is like. I'm assuming it would be similar to the f/r diffs? But with a bigger mill, that is certainly a question I would have as well.

Back