revo 5308 failsafe with 4 cell battery holder?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo3.3Racer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was wodering on peoples opinions on the 5308 revo 3.3 with the 4 cell battery holder. does anyone have the 5308 like me and do you use your failsafe with the 4 cell battery holder? or do you recomend using the failsafe with a rechargable hump pack. does it give the same battery life? and does it misfunction with the failsafe with the battery holder?

thanks, Patrick

I used rayovac ultra pro's and was able to run a quart of fuel through my car without any reception issues or the cutoff tripping. I just changed them as a precaution becaused I noticed my lock to lock steering while unsupported is not as fast as I thought I should it should be anymore.

I thought the revo came with a rechargeable receiver pack and charger?

I'd upgrade to a nice 6V 1400+ Mah NiMH flat pack. If you use alkalines, the FS is still a good idea. If you use the 4 cell holder with rechargeables, you may get a low voltage shut off due to rechargeables having 1.2V per cell vs 1.5V like alkalines. I know the OFNA FS kicks in when the voltage of the pack drops below 4V or there about.

ok, i broke down and ordered a 3000mah rcvr pack. And my own charger since I was using someone elses to save money. That was before I realized "saving money" wasn't going to get me very far with this car.

God I suck!

:angry:once again, late night web shopping strikes again. Thank You for catching my mistake.;) I also noted when looking it up that the flat pack is what's recommended for the 5308. I managed to cancel my order in time and submitted the correct one. (i hope)
LXSFS4 Venom 6V 1600mAh NiMH Flat Receiver Battery
Here's hoping I ordred correctly this time.

I also took another posts advice and got the wing and mount. Not that I'm really concerned about a wing...but anything else to absorb impact when it lands on it's head instead of the motor is a plus.

Glad you got the battery sorted. That would have sucked if the sub-c pack would have shown up. Like shoving a basketball in something with a hole for a volley ball.

I'm sure I could figure something out though... ZipTies and hose clamps are your friend!

Back