Revo 3.3 Receiver LiIon/Lipo battery options -and/or- battery tray mods/hop up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jv024899

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Might be a long shot to get some good feedback or info on this, but I'll take a shot anyway:

1. Any one have experience with using a LiIon or Lipo battery as a receiver battery for a Revo? If so, what kind did you get? How did it fit in the standard Revo 3.3 tray?

2. Are there any aftermarket parts that can accommodate a slightly larger receiver battery?

3. Has any one made a CAD/3d print for this?

Cheers!

I don't know what Traxxas was thinking when they designed the battery boxes for their products? Way to small. You can't fit anything larger than a 1600 mah pack inside. It doesn't last long.

I don't know what Traxxas was thinking when they designed the battery boxes for their products? Way to small. You can't fit anything larger than a 1600 mah pack inside. It doesn't last long.
Yeah I'm getting the vibe that it may not be worth the trouble to look further into it. At the end of the day the Revo is a basher (or for me, a cruiser).

I'm pretty happy with the way I have it. I'm running a single-servo for steering that could take on more voltage. It works fine, but there's more run time to be desired. That was the motivation for the original post.

It's just more proof I should just spend more time focusing on my racing buggy and (soon) truggy.

I'll let the post sit here in hopes someone smarter than me has a solution. It would be nice to see if I can pull it off one day.

I've thought about it, but haven't done it. Partly because I don't want to have to have a pigtail hanging out to charge a 2S pack and the lack of finding a 3 pin 2S balance charge plug that can be mounted. Now that I run electric, I have chargers with me wired up in my car anyway, so kind of pointless, aside from being able to get more power to a good servo, which I don't run in my 2 remaining nitro trucks (big block revo, 21TM revo).

I did put a 2S in my DX5C though and wired up a 3 wire servo charge port to the 3 pin balance plug on the pack, then made a 2S balance plug->receiver plug adapter to charge it off my 25W 2S/3S charger that doesn't use a power lead to charge, just the balance plug. I suppose I could do that on my revos too now... but since the servos I run are 6V, I'd have to get a couple 10A UBEC's to put in there too, then balloon them up to keep them from getting wet.

I also need a new better Rec. pack battery an was also thinking about Lipo ,but unsure about
if my old Rec. can handle the Lipo ,anyone know about that ,or should I look through the
manuals to get the info?

I also need a new better Rec. pack battery an was also thinking about Lipo ,but unsure about
if my old Rec. can handle the Lipo ,anyone know about that ,or should I look through the
manuals to get the info?
The challenge for the Revo 3.3 receiver pack is the size of the battery pack tray.

I wanted to put a LiIon 2c receiver pack that is normally run on the 8X-Elite, however the battery tray is about 5mm too short. I was hoping to see if someone had made a battery pack tray that's about 5mm taller to accommodate for a slightly larger battery. The length and width of the stock Revo 3.3 battery tray works, but the height of the battery is a little too thick.

I'd be happy to collaborate with any one with CAD/3D printing smarts to work on this.

The challenge for the Revo 3.3 receiver pack is the size of the battery pack tray.

I wanted to put a LiIon 2c receiver pack that is normally run on the 8X-Elite, however the battery tray is about 5mm too short. I was hoping to see if someone had made a battery pack tray that's about 5mm taller to accommodate for a slightly larger battery. The length and width of the stock Revo 3.3 battery tray works, but the height of the battery is a little too thick.

I'd be happy to collaborate with any one with CAD/3D printing smarts to work on this.
Challenge accepted

I usually just Velcro mine to the chassis or some other convenient spot. Use industrial strength velcro :)

I usually just Velcro mine to the chassis or some other convenient spot. Use industrial strength velcro :)
Soon as I get some spare time I think I'm going to build an aluminum box without welding I'm going to try to alumi weld same thing as brazing and make a video seems like that would be easier than expecting everybody to have a welder for aluminum

Soon as I get some spare time I think I'm going to build an aluminum box without welding I'm going to try to alumi weld same thing as brazing and make a video seems like that would be easier than expecting everybody to have a welder for aluminum
Yeah whenever. Let's keep in touch.

Some of my basher friends are all about it and I'm sure you'd be able to sell a few.

Back