Revo 3.3 nitro reverse gear servo end points

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRed666

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Sorry if this has already been asked about but have been looking for a answer to my problem without any luck.
My servo traxxas 2065 for reverse on my revo is driving me mad ?.
Is there any way to set the travel end points ??
Mines keeps trying to travel way to much and keeps bouncing back and forth in both directions ??????
It does operate the selector arm on the gearbox but keeps trying to go further.
Any advice, information on wot to solve it would be appreciated.
I have a TQI Controller 2.4GHz , traxxas link withBluetooth & Opti drive .
Looking forward to hearing about a suitable solution from anyone who can help.
I want to keep reverse so removing it is not a option ??

something you might try is to re-center the servo and make sure horn at neutral position is dead center between forward and reverse. if it still tries going to far, rotate the servo one tooth to the opposite direction to find the happy medium.
i guess the more expensive option would be upgrade to a RX/TX that you can adjust aux channel endpoints, so far i have been liking the FlySky GT3C and has worked for me, though i have noticed some people have had lacking range, i have read the GR3E receivers might be the cause of this and should be replaced with the GR3F receivers, but i have not put this to a test. a bit more spendy but i havent seen very many if at all any issues with is the FlySky GT5.
gt3C is around 50$, and the GT5 is around 65-70$

Thanks for the info ?
I have tried moving the horn to different settings also adjusted to linkage but no matter what I do it doesn't make any difference.
Is it possible to set the travel end points ??
Like the steering, throttle etc ??

i do not think that the TQI radio systems have an end point or or dual rate for the 3rd channel, might be worth a check in the manual, or maybe even a call/email to Traxxas to confirm though.

There's nothing in the manual for it .
But find it confusing that you have can adjust almost everything else ??
It's driving me to drink ???

The servos that traxxa puts in their stock cars suck. Both steering servos went out on my Revo within the first two days. All I had to do was call the Traxxas support number tell them the problem and they replaced it at no cost. But if you want reliability upgrade to Savox servos and quit messing with the Traxxas ones

Sorry if this has already been asked about but have been looking for a answer to my problem without any luck.
My servo traxxas 2065 for reverse on my revo is driving me mad ?.
Is there any way to set the travel end points ??
Mines keeps trying to travel way to much and keeps bouncing back and forth in both directions ??????
It does operate the selector arm on the gearbox but keeps trying to go further.
Any advice, information on wot to solve it would be appreciated.
I have a TQI Controller 2.4GHz , traxxas link withBluetooth & Opti drive .
Looking forward to hearing about a suitable solution from anyone who can help.
I want to keep reverse so removing it is not a option ??
You will have to upgrade the radio to a computer one that has EPA adjustments. All you can do now is adjust the stop collars on the shifter rod to set the EPA manually. Savox servos are the worst. You can upgrade with any brand you want but not Traxxas.

You will have to upgrade the radio to a computer one that has EPA adjustments. All you can do now is adjust the stop collars on the shifter rod to set the EPA manually. Savox servos are the worst. You can upgrade with any brand you want but not Traxxas.
Thanks
Just been talking to traxxas support with live chat and they confirmed that there's no way to set up the EVA'S for the reverse servo ??
They suggested a master reset for EVA'S to the controller to see if that helps.
Wots the best aftermarket servo to replace it with ??

You mean EPA End point adjustment. So If the servo is bad any standard servo with 50 oz. is fine. You will have to set the stop collars with the springs on the linkage each side of the servo arm.

Sorry typo ?
Yes end point adjustment EPA
The connector rod from the horn on the servo to the coil spring that's linked to the selector rod into the gearbox is a one piece with a cracked double bend that that fits into one of the holes on the end of the horn on mine ??
I believe but could be wrong that it's not been changed and is original attachment.
Never give it a thought it might not be that causing the problem will look into it ??
Wot would be a good upgrade for the servo

I don't think it is. I looked at the revo shift linkage and it appears to what you say it is. I was referring to the T maxx shifter which uses stop collars an the linkage rod. It looks funky set? it looks like a cheap servo saver to me.

Sorry typo ?
Yes end point adjustment EPA
The connector rod from the horn on the servo to the coil spring that's linked to the selector rod into the gearbox is a one piece with a cracked double bend that that fits into one of the holes on the end of the horn on mine ??
I believe but could be wrong that it's not been changed and is original attachment.
Never give it a thought it might not be that causing the problem will look into it ??
Wot would be a good upgrade for the servo
confirm if the servo is a Standard servo, or a mini servo, I'm wanting to say the shift servos for the revo is a mini servo, personally i prefer Hitec servos whenever i can, amazon servos are very hit and miss, out of 4 that I've had first hand experience with, 2 have worked as it should, and the other 2 were practically DOA, the one didnt move at all, and the other stutters and skips really bad as soon as it has any power.
Protek, is a good servo brand, and i see quite a few people swearing by Savox.

The servos that traxxa puts in their stock cars suck. Both steering servos went out on my Revo within the first two days. All I had to do was call the Traxxas support number tell them the problem and they replaced it at no cost. But if you want reliability upgrade to Savox servos and quit messing with the Traxxas ones
Would it be a direct fitment for the traxxas micro servo??
Can you suggest one that got good reviews ?

Just a quick update on my revo problem and I decided to go for a cheap temporary fix to see if it will solve the issue before getting a better one and it did.
I got a cheap and nasty servo from amazon £8 for 2 and to my surprise it's working great.
Problem solved ?????
Maybe not so nasty just cheap ?
Will get a better one when it's dead but goes to show how weak the the other servo really was ???
Appreciate all the help and advice
I'll be back ??