Revo 3.3, ez start or pull start!!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiddy

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hey! So got a used revo 3.3, having trouble starting it , I believe I need a new battery for the ez start wand! havent ordered the battery yet but I did order a pull start!! Should I just install pull start , I feel there is to many things that can go wrongly with the ez start!

I would start with returning needles back to factory set as closely as you can. Usually the needles are flush with the needle casing. I prefer a electric start because sometimes its just easier when the engine is being a pain in the arse.

id keep the EZ start. id just upgrade to a new type of battery if you can . I've built a few 2 cell li-ion with the tamiya plug on the end....

It's a personal preference. I never cared for e-starts of any kind. I like to feel what the engine is doing and I like to not have more stuff to carry/charge. Even when I did use an ez-start, I used an external heater. If you don't have one of those, you can't use the pull start really.

It's a personal preference. I never cared for e-starts of any kind. I like to feel what the engine is doing and I like to not have more stuff to carry/charge. Even when I did use an ez-start, I used an external heater. If you don't have one of those, you can't use the pull start really.

You couldnt said it any better!...:thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

To tell if you have an issue with your ez-start, take off the spark plug, connect the wire and touch the spark plug with the engine block to see if the engine will turn over and the spark plug will light up. EZ-start sometimes have issue with the spark plug wire. I myself prefer to use pull start, if your engine is some how flooded, EZ-start will not help much unless you know it is flooded and close the needle and spend the extra fuel or take off the spark plug.

So I got a new glow plug, new battery for the wand and a pull start! If I have any more issues with ez start I’ll install pull start! I did h e to take the carb apart and clean it but happy to say finally got the revo started, gonna take for a run today!! Thanks for the help.