Revo 3.3 built in fail safe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamez1973

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys; Just got a new revo. It says in the manual that it has a built in fail safe. When i tested it, it doesn't do anything does the reciever have to be programmed? or do i have to get an after market one? Thanx

Never run a nitro with no fail safe. That is just dumb.

Imo that would be like doing a prostitute with no rubber. Just don't make since.

u can't run an external failsafe with the 2.4ghz radios. the traxxas one should bring your throttle back to neutral and thats it. its kicked in for me several times. if your having a problem with it locking on at full throttle you might want to check servos.

Yes it has a failsafe built into the reciever for signal loss, but it didn't even help me when I had loose metal parts causing interference. Also, if you lose power you're basically screwed. The opti-drive works as a low battery f/s, but will be no help if you lose power entirely.

you are basically stuck as far as a failsafe goes without switching to a different tx/rx. The traxxas setup had a built in signal loss failsafe but nothing for low voltage and I can vouch for the fact that it will run away when it loses power.

If you still have the optidrive and plan on keeping it then it is supposed to have a low voltage failsafe but I dont know how well it works.

i run the venom temp,fail safe,it's programable.bout $40

---------- Post added at 7:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:47 PM ----------

Never run a nitro with no fail safe. That is just dumb.

Imo that would be like doing a prostitute with no rubber. Just don't make since.

yeah that never works out good...lol.i forgot to put about the venom onboard gauge.:whhooo:

i run the venom temp,fail safe,it's programable.bout $40

---------- Post added at 7:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:47 PM ----------

yeah that never works out good...lol.i forgot to put about the venom onboard gauge.:whhooo:

but that only works for am

Back