rev unlimited marine motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya Ron I got your pm, would like to know how it runs. Sent another pm.

PM'ed back at ya! :)
This forum could use a little life so anything that you can post in public, go ahead and do it but I don't mind the personal stuff either.
I built that Cat while on medical leave from work otherwise I would have gone (more) nuts around the house. I've got one tiny thing to do on it yet tonight then mine will be pretty much ready to hit the water. The ponds and lakes have finally thawed so I have to get the trailer out of the back yard and load it up with all of the tools and toys.
Yeah, I'm anxious to see how this R-U engine runs! It'd better haul the mail for what I paid for mine!

I paid $375.00 for it. Yeah, a lot of money for a Rev-Unlimited but modded by one of the best.

I'm looking at the pro race stroker 26.4cc to power that insane hydro I just picked up. Like I said in my pm a friend did some checking with our local gurus and they were saying that gizmo dosent deal in junk.

I've talked to Bruce twice on the phone. He's a real Southern Gentleman using Sir a lot and very polite. I asked him one time about a hull that he had on his site that's made by RCMK. He advised me not to buy it which was kind of a shock seeing how he sells RCMK products. If I really wanted one he would get it for me though. I was smart enough to take his advice.

Which Hull was it? From the emails that I have received from Bruce he seems like a good guy. . Have you heard anything eles about the motor? I'm starting to lean that way and try it out.

As you might have seen, he's now an A.C. Model Boats dealer so the RCMK hull isn't on his site. The one that I was interested in is on www.rcmk.com under Hulls called the Alien.
I've had a few AC hulls, first the Lazer 45 and there's a Blast Cat 40 sitting in the basement. I really didn't care much for the Lazer but some love them. That was replaced by my Rampage which I love! The Blast Cat is made for really rough water running as that's where it shines. It's a slug on calm water.
Their current hot hull is the R-42 Cat. For a stock to mildly modded engine the Razor is the one to have.
I've seen some feedback on the engine as it went through some of the typical new engine teething problems but with his warranty you're in a win-win situation.
No, I still haven't run mine yet as the boat was just finished this past week. Just when the weather started turning nice we've had rain every day and a little snow today!

I want to get a cat someday, but the ppl at our local club don't run cats. Which I don't understand, the pond we race at gets real choppy in the afternoon. So the warranty on that motor is if I don't like it send it back? Or is it if I have any problems with it?

---------- Post added at 2:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:18 AM ----------

Also do you know who has purple mounts and accessories. Everyone where I'm at has either red or sirlver.

Talk to Bruce more about his warranty as he can talk about it better than I can.
Warehouse Hobbies does anodizing, their parts or anyone else's. Purple isn't a hard color to do so he should be able to. The more parts the cheaper it should be. Look around locally also as there may be someone nearby that can do it. My wife knows of a guy maybe a mile from my house that does it, I have to hook up with him one of these days.
There are Cat lovers and those that don't like them. I got into gas initially because nitro Cat's get badly smoked as you have to run against outriggers. With gas, you race against your own kind.
My Blast Cat 40 is made for really rough water but it's a dog in the calm.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShgxO2Owrig&list=UUM330hRk6fSeSJsoQbWrb2w&feature=player_embedded"]AC Blast Cat 40 - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks. That was a very early run of the boat fresh out of the dungeon. I was still doing a lot of tweaking then (actually still doing it) as I was trying out a Cooper quiet pipe and different props. The strut was way down as this hull needs it almost to where it's hitting the bottom of the tunnel. I built it specifically one race as generally the water there is notorious for being very rough. It did finish all of its heats while others were blowing off the water.
If you happened to see any of the other videos on You Tube after mine played, there was one by Wayne Farrell that was incredibly fast and loose in normal race water.

The Blast Cat started running worse so I tore it down. Either the previous owner or the Modder put the head gasket in 180 degrees off so I put it back on correctly but haven't run it since as what little water time I can get went towards tweaking the new Stryker F-41.
If you want a Cat, get one and be the first in your crowd to own one.
This was the maiden voyage of the F-41 with the Rev-Unlimited so I usually don't expect much the first time out. My pipe was on the long side and has been shortened since then and is running faster now.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eeVAAP6Myw"]Stryker F-41 First Run. - YouTube[/ame]

An update on the R-U. I'm still dialing it in mostly working on the pipe length. I bought a new pipe so that one will get tried out on my next outing as the Zippkits pipe I was using was OK but this one is supposed to put that one to shame. It had better for what I paid for it!
One problem that seems to be popping up and did happen to me was that the pull-starter fell apart on the inside. The pawls showed signs of wear and had fallen out. You might want to get a spare or buy a Zenoah Easy-Start.

I took it back out this morning. If you keep an eye on the F-41 Stryker Cat thread I'll be posting more there and hopefully a video next Sunday afternoon.
The boat was screaming today! The new pipe from Daniel Place and switching props really woke it up! It was hard for a semi-cheapskate like me to justify spending $129.00 for a pipe but man oh man, what a difference!

I forgot to add videos! It's not a bad running engine. There's a new prop hanging on it now waiting for the water to thaw.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, it's been a while since my last posting. I've been working with pipes and props all year and getting very close.
Cat's are very popular in the district races around here with very good showings. Once you get one maybe you can inspire others to get some. I race the Cat's and let my son drive the mono, the one to the left.