Restored XTM X-Factor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick61

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I finally found all the parts I needed to finish restoring my X-Factor. It hasn't been used in 14 years but still looks pretty good. Installed a new 2.4 Ghz radio and should be good to go this spring. I still need to adjust the toe in on the rear (it had rear steering at one time) and adjust the throttle linkage. Thought it might bring back some memories for someone.

DSCN0441.JPG
DSCN0446.JPG
DSCN0449.JPG

I finally found all the parts I needed to finish restoring my X-Factor. It hasn't been used in 14 years but still looks pretty good. Installed a new 2.4 Ghz radio and should be good to go this spring. I still need to adjust the toe in on the rear (it had rear steering at one time) and adjust the throttle linkage. Thought it might bring back some memories for someone.

View attachment 19156 View attachment 19157 View attachment 19158

Looking good ,need to enter that in this months comp.!...:D

View attachment 19156 View attachment 19157 View attachment 19158

That is a beauty @Rick61! Let me know when I need to send you my address so you can ship it to me. :D

Do you have any before pictures or shoots during the restore process?

Looking good ,need to enter that in this months comp.!...:D

Absolutely! That's all but a winner for sure!

thats pretty awesome
EXCEPT, if i ran the truck, that Servo mounted way out front like that would be the first casualty. I like running into things

The truck was in really good shape except for some missing parts and a gummed up motor. It was also missing the radio. Didn't take any before pics but it was pretty mint. Tore things down and did a lot of clean up. Had a hard time finding an original muffler! I had an X-Factor back in the day but sadly parted with it around 2004 along with all my RC stuff (heavily modified T-Maxx $$$$$). I am now 61 and decided I needed to entertain the kid that is still in me! Waiting for a sub c cell to get here for my glow starter and then I may try to fire it up. Still winter here in northern NY but it is supposed to warm up this week.

The truck was in really good shape except for some missing parts and a gummed up motor. It was also missing the radio. Didn't take any before pics but it was pretty mint. Tore things down and did a lot of clean up. Had a hard time finding an original muffler! I had an X-Factor back in the day but sadly parted with it around 2004 along with all my RC stuff (heavily modified T-Maxx $$$$$). I am now 61 and decided I needed to entertain the kid that is still in me! Waiting for a sub c cell to get here for my glow starter and then I may try to fire it up. Still winter here in northern NY but it is supposed to warm up this week.

Lol...its a shame that you have to run it!...:eek:....It would be going into a trophy cabinet if it was mine!....:D

upload_2017-2-21_15-28-40.png

Nice collection! Mine will be run unless someone PMs me.....:happy: LOL

Really nice work. It looks brand new. How old did you say it was?

That truck is beautiful! I have also restored my 14 year old XF2, i go easy but I enjoy running it.

I actually have a question for you - what did you use as adapters for those wheels? They're clearly not stock XTM's. Thanks and beautiful job!

They look like Joes with the right size hexes!..:D

Exactly! Joes are great tires with a 17mm hex. Xtm only ever sold an adapter kit for 14mm hexes, and the stock setup was just bare pins.

I was asking what he used to adapt to 17mm, I have a set of proline swampers waiting for mine as soon as I can adapt them!

Not sure what the wheels are. I can measure the hexes tomorrow and let you know what size they are but where they came from are anyones guess. The tires are Big Joes.

14 mm hexes, Proline wheels and Proline Big Joe tires. I suspect the hexes are XTM.

Yep, XTM used to make axle adapters for 14mm hexes. It was $25 for 2 of them, $50 for the full set.

This left me with my current dilemma - how to get 17mm hexes for newer PL wheels.

My secret researchers in the farthest dark corners of the interwebz have informed me that Losi LST2 hex adapters work on stock X-factor hubs, so I ordered a set of those for $13 on ebay! I'll see if they work next week!

Back