Restored Kyosho USA-1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazi

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've just finished to restore the Kyosho USA1 that my friend gave me. The truck was stored on a shelf for about 10 years but now that it is clean and with some new parts look pretty good!

kyoshousa1013.jpg

kyoshousa1016.jpg

and this is the body I've painted for it.

kyoshousa1002.jpg

Nice work Kazi... I really wish I had more time to to work on R/C projects... I guess I'll have to wait another 32 years till retirement... lol
A friend of mine has a stock Clodbuster sitting in his basement... It's killin me to see it collecting dust....

Well I also don't have many time I bough the clod about 3 months ago an is still inside the box :depress:

more valuable in the box. man i remember that truck. it, not the maxx, was the original nitro monster.

now if only i can find a couple lil things for my brothers big brute 2 make it run again.

-Ult

Lol we got a buggy sittin in a cupboard my neighbor gave us in peices... i put it back together but still dont know what it is :D I think its an OFNA though..

looks really nice Kazi, i remember wanting one of those sooooo bad as a kid.

wow, memories. The first nitro RC I layed eyes on when I was about 8.(the USA-1) It seemed like it was yesterday. Went from, hot wheels to Tonka to Tyco RC to radioshack to tamiya to Traxxas to Losi and hopefully to Traxxas again(Revo)

Restore and More

Awsome job Kazi,
Love seeing people use their hands instead of their wallets to fix stuff...I think I actually like building RC than running them sometimes.....
I inherited a box of losi buggies and trucks a few months back and built 4.5 complete RCs then started trading with people and I have ammased some cool stuff to build play and restore....After all was said and done I ended up w/ 1 Mutant-Maxx (baddest MT out there in my opinion) 1 T-maxx fully loaded w/ nothing stock but the bumpers, 1 yokomo TC and a serpent 705...all cause I sat down and fixed broke $hit. Kazi you are an inspiration to me, before I found this site my perception of the hobby was buy it run it crash it buy it run it crash it buy it run it crash it buy it run it crash it buy it run it crash it buy it run it crash it....bring back the kits... DOWN w/ RTR..Start la revolution people....Ok I'll sit back down now and go back to work.....Cool restore job

Thank's for the compliments Plaidfish , unfortunatelly you also have ato use the walled to make restoration, now I've just bought a Kyosho Stinger MKII from 1988, the car need some major engine repairs and a new body, wing and rims, it seems that the body will be hard to find.

Nitro Crusher

I have an old Kyosho Nitro Crusher that I want to restore. Where did you get the parts from?

I finally found a parts list after searching around the net, but I'm not sure what all the parts are because I'm unable to locate any type of user manual or exploded diagram.

I have an old Kyosho Nitro Crusher that I want to restore. Where did you get the parts from?

I finally found a parts list after searching around the net, but I'm not sure what all the parts are because I'm unable to locate any type of user manual or exploded diagram.

SSR, I have the complete manual (diagrams and everything) on .pdf I'll gladly send your way. Just send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll shoot it over.

I also have a bunch of spares for the USA-1, so if you find you need some things, let me know. What I did was search eBay and found a roller pretty cheap to use as a parts car.

Ssr

I really appreciate you sending me the diagram. I think all I really need is a new front A-Arm.

Last edited:
I am after a drive bevel gear or two for the Nitro Crusher...part # BSW-01. Please let me know where I might find one.

Thanks!

I have 5 of these truck. Only 1 runner. Rest for parts as they are almost impossible to find parts anymore. Runner has custom aluminum rims one of a kind. I run a Os. .21 Rg motor in it. Pulls wheelies all day.