Resetting the TQ3 traxxas transmitter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all

I have tried to get my sons Losi highroller up running by swapping the crystals in the Losi transmitter and the TQ3 transmitter for my Tmaxx, as suggested in the "electric" forum. That didn't fix the problem of the losi servo twitching.

I put the crystal back into the Losi transmitter for the highroller, and the crystal back into my TQ3 transmitter for the Tmaxx, and now I have no signal between the TQ3 and the Tmaxx.

Anyone know how to reset the TQ3 so that I have control back to my Tmaxx???

Is it possible that you put the wrong crystals in the wrong Tx?
If not, switch the Tx and Rx crystals in the traxxas and see if you get a signal. I think you get a limited range that way, but if it works, switch them back. If it doesn't work either way, you'll need to get a new set of crystals.

Servos will often twitch if the radio is too close to the receiver.

I have just found the answer to my own question!!:D It was garbage batteries!!

I had these batteries in my Tmaxx for only 2 weeks now, and have only gone out for about an hour and a half with those batteries.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=VNR15295

I will definately not try these batteries again!! They were cheap and that is why I bought these, but from now on I will stick with the well known brands of AA's.........and probably sooner than later, i will get a hump pack and not worry about the stupid batteries again!!

I can't believe that after that little run time, they were so weak that i had no signal.:angry:

---------- Post added at 2:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:28 PM ----------

Is it possible that you put the wrong crystals in the wrong Tx?
If not, switch the Tx and Rx crystals in the traxxas and see if you get a signal. I think you get a limited range that way, but if it works, switch them back. If it doesn't work either way, you'll need to get a new set of crystals.

Servos will often twitch if the radio is too close to the receiver.

The losi steering servo twitching is a weird one. But the servo twitches no matter what. I could be 20 feet away on the other side of the room, and it still twitches. I have already contacted horizon hobby about this and they said the servo needs to be replaced....they are going to send me a new one no charge. Anyways, I had a different post, in the electric forum about this issue.

Thanks though for the feedback, Rolex.