Replacing the standard Rx pack

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CH3-NO2

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
With my buggy being relatively new, I'm still running the standard 4 AA battery packs for the receiver, but I want to change to a rechargable pack, so I won't have to keep replacing batteries.

Can anyone recommend a good pack to go for, i.e what mAH rating to go for, type and so on...

I've spotted a couple on eBay, including a Carson 1500mAH 5 cell pack, but not sure if they're any good.

Cheers.

If you are just bashing, anything over 1100mah should be ok. If you are racing it and need longer runtime you will want more than that. I've never heard of Carson, I'm thinking about getting a Venom 1200mah one for $13 on ebay.

Theres a ton on Ebay for cheap, but pretty much any brand name one are good and reliable....I am not sure about those generic ones people are taking about on Ebay, but you should be fine with which ever pack you choose....

Thanks very much. I've just bought one of those 1500mAH packs off eBay now. Just to get me a charger now...

Thanks again for the advice.

Batteries are different than R/C cars. Everyone has their own opinion on which car kit is the best, because there aren't many concrete ways you can measure car performance, since it has the additional variables of the driver, and the suspension/motor/drivetrain setup.

But batteries wear their performance numbers right on the label. So unless the company lies about the mah rating, brand shouldn't matter much. Matching can be a plus, especially for sub c packs in electric cars, but it doesn't weigh in as highly with a receiver pack.

Back