Removing pins from output yokes?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What's the best way to remove these pins? Anyone have a tip on removal of these things?:loser:

If it is the part I am thinking of, it just unscrews. It is called a grub pin/screw. Half is threaded, the other half is smooth.

Last edited:
IT's not a screw, it's just a pin that goes thru the output yokes.

I think its a 4 way universal.
Its like a +

I just slip a flathead next to it and turn it until the plastic part spreads out a bit. Let loose of the flathead and make sure the pin is out of the plastic hole and move to the next on. Do this on all 4 of them and it should come off.

Not following that FastEddy. It is a four way universal. With the pins being +. They look like they're in there pretty tight.

Thanks for the link!
The pins do not come off individually, they are all one unit + like shown in the link and must be removed as one unit like I described above.

ohh yes i remember those when i had my nitro sport ...as eddy said just some carefull presure with the right sized regular screwdriver will pop them out, ..it gets easyier with practice

yea the chrome little balls with 4 arms.. be carefull with those and try to pry on the black part, the white part (if there is one mine had it) is more brittle.

Cool. Thanks boys. Fasteddy, now I gotch ya!

Okay, I see what you are talking about. I was referring to the incorrect part. Sorry 'bout that.

Curious. Why do you need to remove these?

Probably replacing a drive shaft. T-maxxes break those quite often.

Back