removing fuel before storage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novak

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi,

How do you remove efficiently all fuel from the tank and the fuel line ?

thank you.

Open the tank and turn the rig over to dump out the fuel.

Start the engine and let it burn the fuel out of the lines.

After it dies, try to start it again to make sure it is all out.

Be sure to put after run oil in the plug hole and carb. Move the piston up and down and slide the carb to distribute the ARO.

Hope that helps!!

Take off fuel lines and blow in it. And for the tank, i just take the tank off the truck, put it up side down and shake it...:)

I remove the fuel line from the engine and stick it in the end of my fuel bottle, since it fits perfectly. Then I squeeze it and it sucks out all the fuel with no residue left over :) Then I start the engine just to make sure and do after run procedures.

How to you put ARO in the carb (where exactly) and how do I move the piston - i don't even know how i can reach it ?
thanks.

:bow:
I remove the fuel line from the engine and stick it in the end of my fuel bottle, since it fits perfectly. Then I squeeze it and it sucks out all the fuel with no residue left over :) Then I start the engine just to make sure and do after run procedures.

What are the after run procedures ?

Take airfilter off and dump 3 or 4 drops down carb mouth - spin the engine via flywheel to turn piston either on bump starter or by hand - these are after run procedures (and making sure piston is BDC)

piston is BDC ?

If I use my car every week-end, do I need to do all the after run procedures ?

Bottom dead center.

What I do is I squeeze my fuel bottle so there is no more air in it, I stick it in the fuel tank and stop squeezing. The fuel gets sucked into the bottle. You can leave it in the bottle or put it into your gallon/qt. of nitro.

piston is BDC ?

This means that the piston is at the bottom of the stroke. To find BDC take the glow plug out and turn the flywheel by hand, when the piston is all the way down, right before it comes back up thats BDC. Once you have it set there you can mark your flywheel with a sharpie or white out next to a screw on the engine such as the idle set screw. This is how you will always know where BDC is and turn the flywheel there after you shut the engine off and do post-run maintenance every time.

I'll explain FRIDGE's when having the glow plug in. Once you pass compression point (Top Dead Center), go about 1/2 a turn, you should be near bottom center. As long as it is near bottom, you'll be alright. Don't forget after-run oil. I keep forgetting to.

I use a pipet to get all the fuel out of my tank. It's a bit less messy than turning the whole rig over.

i would just let it run dry, while idle of course, never with throttle open. after it shuts off it has just enought to give it a good turn over andfire her up one last time. then just put in a little after run oil. also fuel lines are pretty cheap i always change mine after 3-4 months. i would recommend doing that to minimize gunk from building up in the lines