removing fly wheel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laton7

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is there anyway to remove the flywheel without the specific tool as I could do with removing the FW from one engine to another but I don't want to have to wait the 3 or so days it would take to get the tool sent.
Thanks guys

I just hold the fw with a set of pliers and break the nut loose and remove it then hold the engine in hand and tap the back of flywheel with the pliers and it usually drops right off no problem.

ok great thank you :D

To save the appearance of the flywheel you might want to take some tape and tape up your pliers. This way you'll have the gripping power you need and you won't dig into the sides of the flywheel. Also make sure you note the direction of the clutch so you know which way it goes back on.

To save the appearance of the flywheel you might want to take some tape and tape up your pliers. This way you'll have the gripping power you need and you won't dig into the sides of the flywheel. Also make sure you note the direction of the clutch so you know which way it goes back on.

i just use a rag and wrap it around the FW before i put a pliers to it !

I've got an old puller tool in my toolbox outside and have never needed to use it so far. I've just tapped the back of all mine and they fell off with no effort. At least i know where the tool is if i ever do need it. I think its actually a steering wheel puller. Three legs instead of two.