removing EZ start motor please help revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYBLNTD

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
where do i start?is there an easy way to do it or do i have to remove aarm and exhaust?

why?:bandit::bandit:

so your saying I'm going to have to take so much off it i might as well remove the engine.?

Not necessarily, it's just another way to get at it. Once you get familiar with taking these things apart, you don't give a second thought to total teardowns. It's all part of the learning process.
Why are you taking the starter motor off?

the motor light is off on the starter and a post is broke

there are 3 screws on yhe outside bottom if i remove those will it pull away so i can get the inside screws?

well my lights back on and it runs without the red connected tothe ez starter it has to be touching to start I'm going to try and soder it back on

I've soldered that connector myself, and you can do it without pulling the motor. Get a bit of solder on the connector first, then on the end of the wire, then solder them together. Use super glue to stick the wire to the motor so the connection doesn't pull loose.

hey thanks i didnt think of the super glue. could a piece of dirt gotten in there you think?what caused it to F up?

maybe a hard crash? not sure. I had that problem myself.

did you replace your ez start?

Me? yeah but its super easy. Four bolts on the bottom of the engine and unhook the throttle linkage and you're good. A couple screws and the case somes apart.

If the wire and connector separated from the motor (which is the impression I got) It's a common problem, caused by vibration and movement. The glue keeps the contact from moving, but don't use it to repair the connection. That part still has to be soldered.

right on! i seen those screws and was hoping that was all that was needed to remove.I'm going to try that now i picked a new one up today it was only $12 i was going to try and not use it until i really had to i live like 30 miles from the lhs and its a B to go there so i have been trying to surplus some stuff.

you're right about where its broke.do they make a weird sound when they fry?it sounded like dripping or boiling?

I didn't notice anything it jsut didn't work anymore.

was your motor light out on your starter?when you tried to start it

yeah it was. Also it just wouldn't turn over the engine. nothing happened when I pressed the button.

thats exactly what mine was doing.how and why is it working now?

whens TPB season 8 coming out?

Well a friend heard I needed an ez start motor and gave me one. It still had about an inch of wire coming off each terminal on the motor. so I just coordinated colors and hooked it up. Works great.

Back