Removing all the purple off my rs4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echelon6

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What's the best way to remove all the purple off my rs4? including the whole chassis (the bottom at least) and the pinion gears, the partially rubbing off of purple is looking ugly. Thanks

Greased Lightning cleaner. Drop the parts in it and watch the purple melt off. The anno. protects the al. from corrosion. Be prepared to polish and clean the parts often.
Any cleaner with lye in it will strip anno.

Easy Off oven cleaner is what i use. Spray it on, wait 3 min, rinse repeat.

Greased Lightning cleaner. Drop the parts in it and watch the purple melt off.

Not any more. It used to work great and not damage the parts like easy off can if you leave the easy off on too long. But when I ran out, I bought a new bottle, it said new formula or something like that on it, it didn't work worth a crap. So now I am back to using easy off.

Easy Off oven cleaner is what i use. Spray it on, wait 3 min, rinse repeat.

Yep, the original yellow can stuff works the best, but don't inhale it, it WILL hurt, lol. Also do NOT walk away and forget about it, it can and will pit the metal pretty badly if it is left on too long. Do it like Alpine said, spray it on, wait about three minutes and rinse it off, then if you need to, do it again till the purple is gone. You will need to poish it once you have it stripped, I also use never dull to help keep it looking good.

+1 on the never dull, but the best way to do it, (the way i do it) is i hang the part over the kitchen sink with fishing string, and do it that way. I also have access to a hazmat gasmask in my unit that i can use while spraying. But the fishing string seems to work the best because it will not retain the chemical in it, nor is it affected by the acids in the spray.

That's a good idea hanging it with the string.

I took a deep breath once of those easy off fumes, and damn, I couldn't even breath, now I am super careful using that stuff.

Ok what are the actual effective chemicals behind those products? I'm not in the US so we don't have the same brands as you guys but if its something like NaOH (lye) or Na2CO3 (bicarb soda) or NH3 (ammonia) then I know exactly what to get

Also would acids work? hydrochloric, sulfuric, etc

And would mineral turp work?

I took a deep breath once of those easy off fumes

Then the chairs started dancing and you could see all those bright colors swirling around and around... Then you noticed that your hands were huge, and started to wonder why they call them fingers, you never see them fing... oh wait, there they go.

Actually it felt like my lungs collapsed, I could not inhale, could not breath at all. Then I got one of the worst head aches I ever had. That stuff is no joke.

Ok what are the actual effective chemicals behind those products? I'm not in the US so we don't have the same brands as you guys but if its something like NaOH (lye) or Na2CO3 (bicarb soda) or NH3 (ammonia) then I know exactly what to get

Also would acids work? hydrochloric, sulfuric, etc

And would mineral turp work?

Any kind of aerosol over cleaner will do.

i can go get my bottle of gresed lightning and post the ingrediants if ud like?

where u get that new stuff alpine my local harware store has about 80 gallons of the good stuff maybe i should stock up?

I got this stuff from walmart. lol