Reedy 15 Double Brushed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laton7

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys I was just wondering on peoples opinion of this motor. I'm new to this sport and have no idea if its any good at all. it would be going in my tamiya baja champ, TL-01 chassi. with new shox and speed controler, speed controler was £20 off ebay about 2 months ago. it will mostly be used for bashing on road

Should work just fine as long as the esc can handle it. You know the specs on the esc?

Reedy makes good quality motors. I ran a Reedy brushed motor on my RC18t with no problems before switched to brushless.

21 turn ( the reedy is a 15x2 so this means 30 in total yes?) 120a forward and 60 reverse i think. i think it is basically the same ad the standard one

No. 15 turn is 15 turn. Winds don't effect the turns, so to speak. Your esc has to be able to handle 15t motors.

Ok I c what you mean. So would a better upgrade to go 4 brushless set??

Brushless is always better. Hobbyking.com has some killer deals.

what are the differences between a boat, car or aircraft esc?

Surface(car) esc's are designed to handle the resistance of running on surfaces.

The Tamiya chassis sets aren't really designed to handle brushless power. You're better off going with that Reedy 15t motor and a good brushed ESC for the TL-01.

The rear of the chassi, just behind the motor has a large split in it so I am planning on getting a different chassi when it goes all 2gether. I am currently trying 2 hold it together with glue and gaffa tape :D. What is a good A (amps?) for a brushles esc?

Last edited:
Back