Red's Aftershock build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I got this beat up, abused and neglected Losi Aftershock. I had put it away for a parts truck or whatever. For some odd reason I decided to get it out and see what I could do with it. It was filthy. First thing was to completely dismantle it and see just what I had. Surprisingly I only found one broken a arm. There are a lot of half-stripped screws and some missing parts. The spur gears are shot and the engine has low compression. the shocks still hold oil and do not leak. Did not find any bent or broken pins anywhere. Found one bad hex and a missing wheel nut, had to be the left side one.
If anyone has ideas of what I should do for upgrade just let me know. I am not a big fan of aluminum as it is heavy and not as strong as you may think. Shaun

Well I have everything cleaned up and back together. Got a test run out of it and all was good. The clutchbell screw came out and I lost the outer bearing, knew I should have used lock tite. One tire has a small tear on the inside that has been glued by the previous owner. I have new tire ordered along with RPM a-arms new high/low gears, a new clutch set, and a new body. I will say compared to my Maxx's this thing is awesome. Looking foward to getting the parts so I can really have some fun with it. Shaun

Congrats man, I love my XXL. Hopefully the gas version will get some aftermarket companies making parts again, they've almost all stopped over the last few years.

So far I have been able to locate the parts I needed. I am certain that my luck will run out sooner or later. Shaun

Stock parts are pretty easy, and being as the LST/Aftershock were out longer, it seems easier to find upgrades for them.

Back