Redcat wendigo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdMiller86

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the redcat wendigo? I currently have a gen7 pro and I’m looking at the axial Ryft but the wendigo has my eye as well. I know Redcat doesn’t get a lot of love lol but it seems like both will have pros and cons and most videos I’ve seen from shortly after the wendigo was released it had lot more problems than the Ryft

They're top heavy, like to roll over all the time. I added sway bars to ours and it helped a little. We mostly just let the grandkids play with it on 2s till I trashed the servo playing with it in the snow on 3s.... I hear that they make great crawlers if you swap out motors/esc.
255032743_4824978294178806_6607740715321541486_n.jpg

They're top heavy, like to roll over all the time. I added sway bars to ours and it helped a little. We mostly just let the grandkids play with it on 2s till I trashed the servo playing with it in the snow on 3s.... I hear that they make great crawlers if you swap out motors/esc. View attachment 165665
Yeah I have Gen7 pro and it’s more of a tumble machine than a crawler haha. I’m just weighing my options because I want something with a little more wheel speed and power to climb and jump steeper, bigger rocks. The wendigo looks really cool. Most vids I have seen have comments where they have trashed linkages, trailing arms and driveshafts. I’m sure the axial Ryft has its own issues as well but the people that own them don’t seem to complain about them

We mostly use Lori's Gen8 as a hiking trail buddy rig...... not much as a crawler. Most of us Ryft owners know it going to take a few extra hundreds to keep it running going in. I've got more in upgraded parts than I do the kit and I haven't even opened a bag yet to start the build LOL

We mostly use Lori's Gen8 as a hiking trail buddy rig...... not much as a crawler. Most of us Ryft owners know it going to take a few extra hundreds to keep it running going in. I've got more in upgraded parts than I do the kit and I haven't even opened a bag yet to start the build LOL
I looked at the builder kit, for the price, especially with it being 240 at the moment seemed like a great price but I don’t know the FIRST THING about rc electronics and motors and such and would have been so lost I would have never finished it