Redcat Shredder v2 Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you dont like the proline or dboots another option might be a set of tires/wheels off an HPI Savage

I was looking at those too ,as I really don't need an exspensive tire just to bash around with ,that's why that
I was looking for something used ,there was another person here on the forum that had a bunch for sale ,
but hadnt seen him around anymore , I think Demon bought most of them up!....LOL

I was looking at those too ,as I really don't need an exspensive tire just to bash around with ,that's why that
I was looking for something used ,there was another person here on the forum that had a bunch for sale ,
but hadnt seen him around anymore , I think Demon bought most of them up!....LOL
Yea I would bet you can find a use set on eBay cheap or maybe check the offerup or letgo app for local sellers

The older prolines without the replaceable hub aren't bad. I'm running 3 sets of trenchers at the moment. The 3.8" tall trenchers, not the trencher x's. I have them on my outcast, savage flux hp and ERBEv2. One wheel is cracked pretty good... landing on concrete is hard on them, regardless of brand.

I run mine all strapped though with 3-4mm cored kevlar string/rope down the 2 main channels to keep them from ballooning on 6S. Been running them for over a year and I honestly hate running anything else. I just bought another set of 4 off a guy on facebook for $65 so I could replace the cracked one and have spares.

2019-1111-ERBEv2-BLX2050Motor-ReceiverSide.jpg

I also run a 12mm hex version of 2.8's on my ejato mounted on traxxas wheels and 17mm hex version on proline wheels on my stampede 4x4.

I just bought an XMaxx, I am going to try and figure out if there is a way to change the hubs on the Shredder to 24mm hex to fit the Xmaxx wheels.

Let me know how that works out.
If I knew the diameter of the Axle stubs on the Shredder I can talk to someone I know and have them make a set for me. And if they are the same diameter of the Arrma 6s models Then JustbashIt Rc has a set that would work.

I have a redcat shredder would like to change the body to a different one anyone know which one would fit

I have a redcat shredder would like to change the body to a different one anyone know which one would fit
I was told by someone that the body from the Redcat Rampage truck would work but have never been able to confirm it. I sold my Shredder.

The only advice I give you is FIRST thing change out the center diff gear to a steel one (Redcat #MPO-017). If your just generally bashing the stock tires are ok but for speed I would definitely change to some pro-line 3.8 series or Arrma 6s Outcast tires

I was told by someone that the body from the Redcat Rampage truck would work but have never been able to confirm it. I sold my Shredder.

The only advice I give you is FIRST thing change out the center diff gear to a steel one (Redcat #MPO-017). If your just generally bashing the stock tires are ok but for speed I would definitely change to some pro-line 3.8 series or Arrma 6s Outcast tires
Thank you for the advice knew about the gear.

Why did you sell the shredder?

I no this is cupple years old but I'm also on the same boat and wondering what bodie would fit the shredder xt V2 I'm not liking the stock body

Couldnt tell ya. I'm not a redcat guy but if you start your own thread and ask, I'm sure others could answer that for you :)

Back