Redcat shredder aftermarket body?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rc856guy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone out their have the redcat shredder xt V2.If so do anyone know of any aftermarket body's that would fit this truck.Any info would help as long as it's related to this post.anyone that would like to know I'm running 3.8 belted proline badlands tires hobbywing max8 ESC upgraded motor mount Leopard 1600kv motor some center deff work and running on 6s and it's a beast.i don't want to remove the paint from body bc it's to of a messy job but I might have to go down that road and or if before I have to go that route any body that would fit this beast would be great help!!!

Attachments

• img_6555_0385d4696f4f6375acbca95ea1db674866cca92c.jpg
    img_6555_0385d4696f4f6375acbca95ea1db674866cca92c.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 373
Heres the specs on the body it comes with. You'll need to look around at RC bodies that have close to these same dimentions. I'm not familair with Redcat brand kits so I dont know of anything right off the top of my head.

Length - 22.5" or 571mm

Width - 6.5" or 165mm

Height - 6.5" or 165mm

Wheelbase - 19" or 480mm

Can anyone tell me if the Arma Keaton 8s body will fit on the shredder??any help wold be great thanks guys!!

Bro, I hate to ask this but are you even looking? One quick google search for "arrma kraton 8s body dimentions" returned these results at the very top of the page. I pulled the dimentions of the redcat body up right on redcats website.

Product Dimensions23.2 x 10 x 6.5 inches

The thing is I'm new to this hobby that's why I'm asking bc I'm learning thanks for your help!

Bro, I hate to ask this but are you even looking? One quick google search for "arrma kraton 8s body dimentions" returned these results at the very top of the page. I pulled the dimentions of the redcat body up right on redcats website.

Product Dimensions23.2 x 10 x 6.5 inches
Greywolf74 my next ? Is do you thank this we'll be to big for the shredder or would it be ok I'm sure it's not a perfect fit I no that much but how much bigger bro? If my shredder stock body is 22 6.6 6.5 ?? I'm new to this hobby and I'm learning as I go this was my first build ever I no it's way powerful but that's just what I wanted and how I like it their for I can grow into it.i turned my punch down to 3 so it's not to powerful off the line thanks for the help bro get back to me asap I need a big brother in this hobby

Youd have to make new body post holes in the body which in and of its self its a huge deal but you will need to do that if you used this body. You may need a pair of lexan scissors in order to trim the wheel openings a bit if the wheelbases are different. The main problem with using this body is that its 3.5 inches wider than the Shredder body so depending on how it sits on the kit the tires may very well hit the body and then youd be looking at trimming a large section of the body out. Bottom line its probably too wide. You need to find an after market MT body that within an inch or so of at least the length and width of the original body then you can make new body post holes or trim some tire area out if need be and it wont look like a hack job.

So how hard is it to remove paint off stock body?any fast ways in removing paint without messing the body up Greywolf74?

So how hard is it to remove paint off stock body?any fast ways in removing paint without messing the body up Greywolf74?
I've never tried it on a stock body but I have done it on a clear body that I painted myself and that was a HUGE PAIN!!! Lexan paint bonds to the plastic and it dont want to come off. In order to do it on a custom painted body you spray it down with Dot 3 brake fluid and let it sit for awhile. Then scrub the crap out of it with a scotchbrite pad. Rinse and repeat many many times. That being said I never could get all the paint out of the creases so I trashed the body and bought a new one. Only reason I tried to do it on that one was it was a limited edition discontinued body and they were rare. My advise would be not to try it or to buy a second one and try it on the second one in case it doesn't turn out.

Ok thanks bud for all info I'm sure I'll be getting more advice Soon!

I have a shredder and after market body's for that longer chassis is almost impossible to find. 1/5 scale will fit best but you'll have to make some modifications. I used the proline barracuda drag body on the shredder here. It was not a perfect match but made it work a little short on the wheel base and a lot of trimming. 1/5 will fix the wheelbase issue but then it's going to be wide. So ya kinda gotta give and take

Attachments

• 20210614_122710.jpg
    20210614_122710.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 145
I’m in the same boat trying to find a body for the shredder. Still no luck

I have a small hand held quart size sand blasting gun and compressor I use for etching glass that works great if you use a course blast medium
I have a small hand held quart size sand blasting gun and compressor I use for etching glass that works great if you use a course blast medium
It also roughs up the surface prepping it for paint. Just wash it after blasting n let dry.

Last edited:
Hi I was wondering if anyone out their have the redcat shredder xt V2.If so do anyone know of any aftermarket body's that would fit this truck.Any info would help as long as it's related to this post.anyone that would like to know I'm running 3.8 belted proline badlands tires hobbywing max8 ESC upgraded motor mount Leopard 1600kv motor some center deff work and running on 6s and it's a beast.i don't want to remove the paint from body bc it's to of a messy job but I might have to go down that road and or if before I have to go that route any body that would fit this beast would be great help!!!
I'm pretty sure any of redcats 1/8 bodies will fit. May need to make new mount holes but the lenth and width are on point. The back near the fin may need to be trimmed. Look at some on line most sites list the measurements
I also have a shredder and am going to but another body n hit it with a small hand held sand blaster i have and airbrush it the way i want. My avitar is my shredder with underglow lights on fir night bashing.

Back