RedCat Racing Nitro anyone?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megafandrew

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the RedCat nitro trucks? I was looking at the Earthquake it’s 1/8 scale according to the website. I’ve got quite a bit of experience in the past with nitro and lots of rc experience in general. I’m not too much into nitro any more but wondering if this would make a good weekend nitro truck to take out every now and then. I wouldn’t be bashing it flat dirt areas and it doesn’t need t be a speed demon. I got looking at them do to price point and parts availability here as well as cost. Everything looks pretty good. I have a RedCat Landslide XTE that I was pretty happy with over all as a fun basher truck. Thanks for any advice or insight
E2BD81E4-7F2F-4747-BF86-DCCE4F29BE21.jpeg

Hard to find anything really recent for the Redcat Earthquake 3.5, most posts are almost 10 years old and pretty outdated at this point. But it seems pretty decent for the price. Was actually considering getting one a few years back, but decided not to go nitro.

Hard to find anything really recent for the Redcat Earthquake 3.5, most posts are almost 10 years old and pretty outdated at this point. But it seems pretty decent for the price. Was actually considering getting one a few years back, but decided not to go nitro.

Hi thanks for the reply. Good point I didn’t realize it was that old lol. The Canadian supplier for red cat seems well stocked still with parts for it. Is it true this is a O.S. .21 motor? I’ve had good luck with O.S. .21’s in my buggies. Hmm I’ll have to compare what I can get for a similar price. Any ideas? Just looking for an easy runner for the weekends in the summer when I want to run nitro otherwise I spend most my time with brushless power haha.

Hi thanks for the reply. Good point I didn’t realize it was that old lol. The Canadian supplier for red cat seems well stocked still with parts for it. Is it true this is a O.S. .21 motor? I’ve had good luck with O.S. .21’s in my buggies. Hmm I’ll have to compare what I can get for a similar price. Any ideas? Just looking for an easy runner for the weekends in the summer when I want to run nitro otherwise I spend most my time with brushless power haha.
I'm not sure on the engine that comes with it to be honest. But most of the complaints I remember reading about it were the servos seem to be notorious for crapping out so I would for sure replace them with something better.

Redcat makes some really nice looking trucks but I've never got the feeling they are a good buy. Not sure.

Redcat makes some really nice looking trucks but I've never got the feeling they are a good buy. Not sure.
With Redcat Racing as long as you avoid the HPS rebrands(Tornado, Volcano, Lightning and Vortex) and you should be good.

The models they make that stand out as being worth a damn are the Terrormoto, TR-MT10E, TR-SC10E, TR-MT8e, Earthquake, Landslide and their 5th scale stuff.

Not sure about the Dunaco or Camo models as there really isn't much info out there for them.

Last edited:
I first became weary of Redcat when I started seeing their little Volcano trucks at Bestbuy for under $90.

Back