Redcat Hurricane

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawgdeelux

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This one looks like a pretty good deal, Redcat Hurricane XP.
Anyone own one of these?

This one looks like a pretty good deal, Redcat Hurricane XP.
Anyone own one of these?

I own a Redcat Monsoon and have been very happy with it. However, their Hurricane is from all reports their "best" quality rig so it should be even better. Bear in mind that they're about to come out with a new model line on the 30th with an improved design/manufacturer. You can score the current gen Hurricane on sale for $249 while they reduce stock inventory on the current gen or wait and get the new model for around $300.

Sometimes I feel like I'm pimping Redcat's but it's just because the customer service and products have been far better than I expected and the quality holds up very well compared to the Losi/Team Associated's of the world considering the price point difference.

Amoeba has a Monsoon. Paging Amoeba!!!

Hey! I was already typing dammit :p

Yeah, you just like the pimp style...

odyc2.jpg

I am not derailing, we all know Amoeba will be the only one with any info on RedCat!

for the price the redcat vehicles are a pretty good deal. I never had any problems but they are a lil bit harder to get parts for but you can still get them...not like the peice of s#!t acme condor that i mistacenly bought off of ebay...

Not hard at all to get parts. Online at least...

True. And Redcat is starting to show up in LHS as well. You can do a dealer locate on their website and see if someone locally carries them to get check them out and gets parts easier. I've got a guy about 2 blocks away who is a distributor for them so I got lucky :)

Now you guy have GOT me I was sold on the Ofna Hyper 7 TQ when I ran into this one now I'm starting to lean this way. I'm going to order one of these two this week end when my expense check hits the bank. :\:\

Now you guy have GOT me I was sold on the Ofna Hyper 7 TQ when I ran into this one now I'm starting to lean this way. I'm going to order one of these two this week end when my expense check hits the bank. :\:\

Invariably people mention the OFNA Hyper 7 TQ when people are looking for something in this price range. Because OFNA makes higher end products and has been around longer they get more recommendations. Don't get me wrong, the Hyper 7 is a solid rig, but the Hyper 7 model line is 5 years old (!) which is one reason it's in the price range it is. I'd run a Redcat against a Hyper 7 any day.

I had a Redcat Hurricane and it was great. Just make sure you keep the front knuckle screws that hole the arms to the knuckle with alot of loctite. They like to come loose very easily. The Hurricane believe it or not was the only buggy I never broke anything on! For a little more you could check out the Caster Racing ZX1-R. More of a race level buggy. That is what I run now.

i got a turnado bb it works great no problems the 2 years i had it

i am going to be a party spoiler.. STAY AWAY FROM REDCAT

i have nothing BUT bad things to say..

everything from being cheap and non reliable to customer service..

but ill spare the details unless inquired..

redcat= bad

i am going to be a party spoiler.. STAY AWAY FROM REDCAT

i have nothing BUT bad things to say..

everything from being cheap and non reliable to customer service..

but ill spare the details unless inquired..

redcat= bad

-1 on this for the price redcats are actually pretty good at least from my experiances

ya 2 years and only one part break on a car thats pretty good and there like 250$

Howdy
So I decided to buy a Kyosho Inferno 31277SG from my LHS http://kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=104127
I have 4 tanks through it 2 on idle 1 on slow circles 1 at modest to agressive throttle.
I'll start leaning it out tomorrow. The only problem so far is that the idle screw from the factory was turned all of the way in, this caused my to return to my LHS for a bit of an education from the experts. Other than that so far so good.
Thanks all for your input.

M.R.

Last edited:
Back