recommendation on budget 2.4ghz transmitter?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
my hpi savage x 4.6 came with the am transmittor/receiver and I'm in need of an upgrade due to interference issues. i believe 2.4ghz is the best way to go. i tbh want to stay as cheap as possible, i would say my budget is max $100 canadian
i dont really need anything special, i am fine with a basic rc remote and my old hpi tf3 did what i needed it to.
i dont race or do anything competitvely and i rarely bash

i liked what i saw in the flysky gt3b since it has replaceable aa batteries (the reason is because i sometimes wont drive it for a year or two and i dont want the batteries to go bad, thats why aa is easy to replace) i believe it also has a failsafe which is good

hoping for atleast the same range as my hpi tf3 as the minimum

i can get the following from a quick amazon search but open to other options
Flysky FS-GT3B $60 cad all in
spektrum slt3 w slr300 $80 cad all in
tactic ttx300 w tr325 $88 cad all in
radiolink rc4gs V2 $80 cad all in
+ whatever else i can find in around this price range

i dont know if all the above have built in fail safe but i want one with that

thx!

Bang for buck you can't go wrong with the DUMBORC X6 https://www.banggood.com/DumboRC-X6...-Parts-p-1454329.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=229
The cheapest I can find that radio shipped from Amazon.ca was like $110CAD. To compare in the US they are only $40 https://www.amazon.com/DUMBORC-X6-Transmitter-Receiver-Protection-Controller/dp/B07PVQY61T

I hear mixed things about the GT3, mainly range issues.
Not that familiar with the SLT3 but so far most of the Arrma guys seem to like it, some of the 3s guys seem to have issues with it though.
I find the trigger on the TTX300 to be a little small and I don't have sausage fingers either.
I hear good things about the Radiolink.

Not sure if any of those radios other than the TTX300 have a failsafe, I learned the hard way that the TTX300 does in fact have a failsafe and the factory default for some dumb reason was set to WOT.

Bang for buck you can't go wrong with the DUMBORC X6 https://www.banggood.com/DumboRC-X6...-Parts-p-1454329.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=229
The cheapest I can find that radio shipped from Amazon.ca was like $110CAD. To compare in the US they are only $40 https://www.amazon.com/DUMBORC-X6-Transmitter-Receiver-Protection-Controller/dp/B07PVQY61T

I hear mixed things about the GT3, mainly range issues.
Not that familiar with the SLT3 but so far most of the Arrma guys seem to like it, some of the 3s guys seem to have issues with it though.
I find the trigger on the TTX300 to be a little small and I don't have sausage fingers either.
I hear good things about the Radiolink.

Not sure if any of those radios other than the TTX300 have a failsafe, I learned the hard way that the TTX300 does in fact have a failsafe and the factory default for some dumb reason was set to WOT.
i have the FlySky GT3C, works well for me, but i will tell you some have issues with range. i have heard some say the gr3F receivers were doing better, as opposed to the gr3E that come with them, but the only ones i have found are slow boat from china so i have put off getting some to test.
i have the SLT-3 and the TTX-300, i really like them both, might have to give the nod to the TTX though but might be because i have owned it longer and grown more used to it. both are cheap, 30$ on jennysrc for the SLT-3, and around 40$ on ebay for the TTX.

i have the FlySky GT3C, works well for me, but i will tell you some have issues with range. i have heard some say the gr3F receivers were doing better, as opposed to the gr3E that come with them, but the only ones i have found are slow boat from china so i have put off getting some to test.
i have the SLT-3 and the TTX-300, i really like them both, might have to give the nod to the TTX though but might be because i have owned it longer and grown more used to it. both are cheap, 30$ on jennysrc for the SLT-3, and around 40$ on ebay for the TTX.
I love my TTX-300 radios. I have 3 of them, I haven't used the SLT-3 but from what I see the version with the SLT receivers seem to have some random issues here and there but the ones with the DSM2 receivers seem to be fine, it doesn't have near as many issues as the STX2/3 did.

Just love too my Tactic 300 (1/8 buggy) with the no antenna receiver + fail safe. Love the stock tension trigger, huge range and all the OTF precision response. For Club track races, it's enough. (IMO)
I bought a DX5-Pro last fall for my B74 and I can't adopt it... So I put another Tactic 300... Guess what? Been impressed by all the accuracy on last friday 1/10 small and fast dirt track.
For the moment I did not hear any complaint about the SL3.
I don't know Radiolink and Flysky.

RadioLink RC6Gs has a nice digital screen and very easy to use/setup.
I have not used the FlySky GT3C but hear good things about them.

The radiolink RC4gs would be another good option.

I don't care much for spektrum radios due to the range issues.

I would do your research before you purchase any radio set up ,I did an there is a huge difference
between them ,save a little more coin an get a name brand like Futaba ,Sanwa ,or Spectrum ,some
of them offer a non screen at a good price but with the latest technology as far as faster response
time ,it is that faster response reaction that you want when the transmitter sends a demand to the
receiver!
You can find a good LCD screened one as well for 50 dollars more than your budget ,I just purchased
a Spektrum set up with all the updated telementary features for $ 139!..:cool:

Here is a Futaba ,name brand for a good deal ,at least you know that it is quality ,so dont short
yourself an settle with out!.. :thumbs-up:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Futaba-3PV...195969&hash=item1eec1486c6:g:gOQAAOSwLMxfTR1z

1617648528678.png

Last edited:
I would do your research before you purchase any radio set up ,I did an there is a huge difference
between them ,save a little more coin an get a name brand like Futaba ,Sanwa ,or Spectrum ,some
of them offer a non screen at a good price but with the latest technology as far as faster response
time ,it is that faster response reaction that you want when the transmitter sends a demand to the
receiver!
You can find a good LCD screened one as well for 50 dollars more than your budget ,I just purchased
a Spektrum set up with all the updated telementary features for $ 139!..:cool:

Here is a Futaba ,name brand for a good deal ,at least you know that it is quality ,so dont short
yourself an settle with out!.. :thumbs-up:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Futaba-3PV...195969&hash=item1eec1486c6:g:gOQAAOSwLMxfTR1z

View attachment 126281
The Spectrum SR315 isn't telemetry. Only the radios has functions.

Back