Recommend motor for Tamiya Chevy S-10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking for suggestions for a motor for my Tamiya S-10. Something that I can putt around with and not have to worry about ripping out the gears. The truck will be ran inside mostly with some out door pavement driving as well.

-Michael

Putting around? The stocker Tamiya 27 turn should do that nicely. I have one in excellent shape btw. Any decent 19T would be fine too me thinks. Are you thinking brushless?

I'm thinking brushless would tear this little thing apart. As for the stocker, when I bought the truck included everything in the kit but the motor. I'm thinking about heading to the LHS at lunch and picking up a motor for it.

-Michael

That's odd, my Dark Impact buggy had a motor but no speed control in the box.( As advertised) I wonder why you did not get a motor?

I would just stick with any stock 27T motor.

It will give you plenty of speed for the type of running you are looking to do and you can play around with pinion sizes to gain or reduce speed as needed.

You can get a 27T equivalent brushless motor if you wanted to.

That's odd, my Dark Impact buggy had a motor but no speed control in the box.( As advertised) I wonder why you did not get a motor?

When I bought it off eBay that how it was advertised. I'm guessing they wanted the stock motor for something, everything else was included as it would have came if I bought it when the truck first came out.

I would just stick with any stock 27T motor.

It will give you plenty of speed for the type of running you are looking to do and you can play around with pinion sizes to gain or reduce speed as needed.

You can get a 27T equivalent brushless motor if you wanted to.

Rob,

I had no idea they had 27T brushless motors. What I ended up getting at the LHS about 15mins ago was an Epic 27T Pro stock motor. I think that should do nicely in the Chevy and be plenty to run over the puppy with.

-Michael

Back