Recommend a fpv camera and transmitter for vehicles.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozmonot71

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I would like to find a fpv camera rig for my rc vehicles. Something I could move from vehicle to vehicle.
I’m slowly adding scale details to my TRX4 79 Bronco including interior with moving steering wheel, a driver and passenger etc. Thought it’d be fun to have some video from inside the cab.
I also run a Rustler VXL 2wd and just ordered a Slash VXL 4x4.
With another hobby of mine, writing, playing, recording and mixing music, I have software that I can do some video editing as well as music. With that software, I could add sound effects to the video etc. Just thought it sounds like a lot of fun. As well as another distraction from the “whatever” it is in my psyche that prevents sleep, and stops me from” letting my guard down “ as my last girlfriend put it. Lol

🤔 I think that would be ok. I don’t know much about them except for the name. As long as it’s small enough for the rc vehicles and it records. 👍

I would definitely check out the GoPros. I have 2 that i record with and i love them. There is sooooo much you can do with them. And they take some pretty remarkable footage.

They are small, they do record and there are a ton of different mounting fixtures. I have one but haven't quite figured out how not to screw up my recordings.
A fine example is, today I ran my Xmaxx out at the sand dunes and made some really cool jumps with which I thought would be good recording.
NOT, I somehow clicked it to high speed. When I uploaded it to my computer It looks ridiculous.

I would like to find a fpv camera rig for my rc vehicles. Something I could move from vehicle to vehicle.
I am not sure which kind of fpv you mean, but i have done both with r/c cars.

Are you wanting to drive it fpv, wireless feed through goggles/screen?
Example- fpv camera mounted on the car so you can drive remotely, like a video game. youtube video

Or are you just wanting a camera recommendation for something you can mount on or in the car as you drive normal line of sight?
Example- Runcam 2 camera on the roof as my dog chases youtube video

Which one are you after?

Get the best of both worlds and get a DJI digital FPV system. HD feed into the goggles to drive the car as if you are behind the wheel, and you can record it as well for use later.

Back