Receiver and transmitter batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrAlexRC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

New to RC got a Nitro Kyosho Inferno Neo 3.0 broken it in. As a temporary fix got some akaline 1.5v batteries which work well but want some rechargable ones.

So I am looking at NiMh ones and found some. However manual asks for 1.5v batteries not sure if these will do that I'm looking at: Amazon Basics AA High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries, Pre-charged - Pack of 8 2400 mAh at 1.2v

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Will these batteries do ?

Thanks again.

Alex

the finish charge of a Nimh battery will be from 1.40 to 1.55 the rechargeable one on amazon will work do a small amp charge to condition the batteries to have a good life on your chosen cells many use envelopes with the best results.. its charge discharge many cycles work your way up in amp level to desired charge rate..

I think they come pre charged and what do you mean 'your chosen cells many use envelopes with the best results'?

The nickle based rechargeable batteries have a 1.2v nominal voltage and are fine to use. They wont last quite as long as an alkaline battery which has a nominal voltage of 1.5v but hey you can recharge them so they are cheaper :)

What a lot of people do these days is use lithium based batteries in order to get even waaaaaaay longer run times than alkaline batteries. If you're interested in doing that look into using some LiFe (also known as Lithium Iron Phosphate) batteries for your receiver.

a pre charged battery is not really topped off to full charge. they will come to your door at 1.26 volts far away from 1.5 volts fully charged. the envelope batteries are many of peoples go to radio battery... as long as your radio can operate of the voltages another battery can deliver use it...a person needs to read manual b4 buying so they know what they will need to operate safely...

a pre charged battery is not really topped off to full charge. they will come to your door at 1.26 volts far away from 1.5 volts fully charged. the envelope batteries are many of peoples go to radio battery... as long as your radio can operate of the voltages another battery can deliver use it...a person needs to read manual b4 buying so they know what they will need to operate safely...
Guessing you mean "enloop" batteries?

In the transmitter, I've found that the "precharge" batteries work best as they are "low self discharge" NiMH cells vs standard NiMH cells. Standard ones drain relatively quick without being used. LSD's hold their charge much longer. Just makes it quicker to top off the cells when you want to go run, if it's needed at all depending on when you used it last and how long they have been sitting.

For the vehicle, if it's nitro, you shouldn't use 4x rechargeable AA's, you should use 5 cells. Most use 2/3A flat or hump packs made for RC which are also 5 cell NiMH as they typically fit in whatever space a 4xAA holder fits. 2/3A cells are shorter/fatter than AA's. They can supply more continuous current than AA's can for servos.

I've used both 5xAA and 2/3A hump/flat packs in my nitro's. The 2/3A packs seem to work better, servos move stronger and brown outs are less likely.

LSD are a good investment. I find the Tenergy brand affordable and reliable.

Back