Rear differential adjustment?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kephasd

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a Hpi Nitro Firestorm. It's rear wheel drive, I was wondering how adjusting the differential effects handling? What happens when its loose, or tight? Thanks again

From my experience,with a loose diff you'll get torque steer(truck will tur or pull to one side without steering that way) and with a tight diff you get a lot of oversteer(the back wants to slide sideways in a turn).

Can you loosen up or tighten your diff on a t maxx ?

Oh right . Is that the little cap on top of my transmission

Oh right i get ya . Had to replace my rear one but never sealed it back up . Wat do i put in my transmission then .

Just a little bit though, you dont need very much grease because they are plastic gears. Be sure that you can seal your diffs before putting oil in them or else it will all leak out.

Thanks for the info . Wen i 1st got it i presumed they were metal gears in my tranny and srayed wd 40 in there , its all good lol .

Actually with plastic gears it is advisable to use no oil or grease. The reason behind this is there is a one way bearing in your transmission that allows the truck to coast when you are off the throttle. If you use grease or oil it can migrate into it and it will start slipping. If that happens then it is a tranny tear down to fix it.

i have a s-maxx and a rustler that both have the 3.3 engines in them, problem is when u they just spin the inside wheel when you turn. Now i know how a diff works and everything but i was wondering if i put thicker diff oil in or lock the back diff will help and cause more of an oversteer/driff type of cornering or will it just wheely.
cheers

Back