Really need expert advice on sirio .23

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirio23revo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just got a revo with sirio .23 has traxxas easy start, won't start I feel like motor is being turned Backwards, seems to be spitting fuel out of carb and I put my thumb over exhaust and it has suction? is this possible?

Last edited:
If I'm correct the back of the motor is where the ez start bolts up, looking at the motor from the back. The ez start is rotating the engine counter clockwise my 3.3 tmaxx spins clockwise? Any ideas?

sounds like it, check your OWB behind the easy start, i would ditch it and get a pull start, much easier. Make sure the bearing is installed correctly.

It's working but I don't know how to get it out, I took the ez start apart and the owb is in a plastic gear, looks like it comes out?

it should come out of the ez start make sure the stamp or numbers on it are facing the engine.

There not, it looks like a nut on the out side, how do I get it out of that plastic gear

a small pick set or just bang the plastic piece in your hand, it should fall out

Is the engine used?....I assume.

Make sure the piston and rod are facing the right way. You should be able to find something online that shows the correct orientation.
I have to go to work now, but I may be able to look at one of my s27s later and tell you how it goes together.

Okay I took it all apart yesterday cleaned it up oiled the bearings and I noticed the piston oriantation when I took it apart it's longer on one side (exhaust) so that's how I put it back together, let me know what you find.

Btw, how do I check compression?