really confused....please help..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugs2300

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok guys...ill start at the begining...my buddy had the losi insane motor in his MRC all the other electronics are stock....he ran it for maybe a total of 20-30 minutes and decided he was gonna take it off and do a water break in to it...so we took the electronics off and started the break in and in about 5 minutes we noticed the esc was getting pretty warm so we stopped....a huge amount of crude had been flushed from the motor so at that point we also decided to stop the break in and go with what we had....we let the esc cool down and the motor dry a few minutes and before we reinstalled everything we decided to test and make sure everything was ok and this is where the problem presented itself...
as soon as we tried it we noticed the motor would go fine in revers but no forward...so we reversed the channel and it had forward and no reverse...at this point i was thinking it was the radio so i hooked up my rx (which i had used the night before and it worked perfectly) and got the same results...so not being sure what the problem was i decided to start switching components to see if i could figure out the problem....we had two radios, two esc's, and three motors...no matter what combination we hooked this stuff up we got the same results...we could only go in one direction....even using all my electronics that worked perfectly when we removed them a few weeks earlier we still had the same issue...so I'm starting to think i am doing something wrong....i don't see how all of this stuff could screw up in the same way at the same time randomly like that...I'm really confused and need some opinions....at this point i don't even know what to do to diagnose the problem....help me out guys...

Last edited:
yes...i was especially scared when the motor spun without being attached to any other piece of electronics...lol...kara still says it was the all the jasmin we smoked...

lmao...come on HPIGuy we werent that bad...we aren't beginners...lol
but seriously we tried everything we could think of...
like i said we even tried it with all of my stuff and none of his...
is there any kind of setting on the radio or the esc that would make it only go in one direction
and the majority of the jasmin was after the initial problem...lol....still don't have a theory as the how that motor spun...just layin on the table...all by itself...poltergeist sounds reasonable...

Last edited:
Been doing the jasmin a lot longer than r/c that's for sure,lol. And do it sober? Come on now, there's no way I could fool with that small of parts without some 'inspiration'. But honestly like he said we are really stumped because we eventually had two complete setups laying there hooked up and both did same thing. But when these setups were in the crawlers they worked perfect.

come on guys...shoot us some opinions...

I have to possibilities for you. Either a bad motor, or you have the esc in race mode which is forward only with brakes. That's all I can think of at the moment. What esc's and motors are you trying.

Sent from my Samsung Admire

ok we have two of the stock esc that come on a losi MRC...two of the stock motors and 1 losi insane motors....i thought about the race mode but i didn't think these little crawler esc's even had a race mode...ill investigate that further though...

I have to possibilities for you. Either a bad motor, or you have the esc in race mode which is forward only with brakes. That's all I can think of at the moment. What esc's and motors are you trying.

Sent from my Samsung Admire

Did any of the electronics ever get wet, and are of positive and negative wires hooked up correctly, is the servo plug plugged into the Rx correctly, just some other ideas.

nothing got wet....the wires were hooked up correctly when the break in was done although i have reversed the leads many times when flipping around the trans and things...and the rx is hooked up according....thanks..

Back