Ready for 1/5 gas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misfits1987

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I think the time is ready for me to venture into 1/5 scale gas. I love nitro, but after seeing 1/5 gas and driving one I'm ready. can't really beat the size, noise, and rooster tails. So I'm torn. I was going to get a baja, to see how I like the large scale, then venture into 4wd. But I'm kinda all over the place. Looking at a Rovan shorty rtr, kingmotor rtr deluxe buggy, or a king motor baja roller. Or do I go and get the rovan bajamax ts sand rail rtr? My budget all said and done is around 1200-1500 to get into the big stuff. If I got the roller I would get an obr ported full mod. Do i go the rtr route, then in a couple weeks change servos, couple months maybe motor? Or do guys have good luck with the rtr? I'm also looking for something to tinker with and build up thats gonna be nasty. Something I can jump a little and throw some rooster tails and wheelie. So any advice and input would be great. Like i said I'm into 1/8 scale and fifth is for the big boys so I wanna hear what's what .

Hello everyone. I think the time is ready for me to venture into 1/5 scale gas. I love nitro, but after seeing 1/5 gas and driving one I'm ready. can't really beat the size, noise, and rooster tails. So I'm torn. I was going to get a baja, to see how I like the large scale, then venture into 4wd. But I'm kinda all over the place. Looking at a Rovan shorty rtr, kingmotor rtr deluxe buggy, or a king motor baja roller. Or do I go and get the rovan bajamax ts sand rail rtr? My budget all said and done is around 1200-1500 to get into the big stuff. If I got the roller I would get an obr ported full mod. Do i go the rtr route, then in a couple weeks change servos, couple months maybe motor? Or do guys have good luck with the rtr? I'm also looking for something to tinker with and build up thats gonna be nasty. Something I can jump a little and throw some rooster tails and wheelie. So any advice and input would be great. Like i said I'm into 1/8 scale and fifth is for the big boys so I wanna hear what's what .

I been eye ballin that 30 deg. North for $950 RTR with 29cc engine!..😎

https://www.kingmotorrc.com/product-tdn59001-7

1649634824343.png

In you didn't know ,the KM company is teaming up with the Taylor RC!..👍😎
1649635352519.png

Last edited:
I been eyeballing the roller for quite some time. I heard there pretty good trucks. I'm torn on which way I'm going, baja b or truck.

Yea ,I was eying the buggy as well ,I including the rollers ,but I'd rather buy the rtr an upgrade engine later ,it is only
a $100 dollars more for the rtr!..😂

I'm ready for it to just can't afford it right now lol. Gl man. It should be a blast.

Couple hundred more and you get the losi.🤣
Yea ,I was eying the buggy as well ,I including the rollers ,but I'd rather buy the rtr an upgrade engine later ,it is only
a $100 dollars more for the rtr!..😂
Theres some really good deals on marketplace , but I'm so paranoid about buying a used car, especially with a mod motor. It's more $ building your own, but at least you know what you got.

Losi 5t is a $1000 dollars more for the rtr ,but everyone that I know is going to Taylor Rc or better
known as RcMaxx until Traxxas had threaten them with a lawsuit because of the Maxx name!..😂🤮

About a month ago amain had 300 off on them. I should've got one then. I was looking at one at my hobby shop then. For 1,299 it was a steal.
Losi 5t is a $1000 dollars more for the rtr ,but everyone that I know is going to Taylor Rc or better
known as RcMaxx until Traxxas had threaten them with a lawsuit because of the Maxx name!..😂🤮

About a month ago amain had 300 off on them. I should've got one then. I was looking at one at my hobby shop then. For 1,299 it was a steal.

Wow ,yea I didn't see that but my guess ,all of the 5th scale is only going to get higher in time ,including
those low budget ones!
I already own the 2wd Baja , I want a 4wd!..😎

Wow ,yea I didn't see that but my guess ,all of the 5th scale is only going to get higher in time ,including
those low budget ones!
I already own the 2wd Baja , I want a 4wd!..😎
How do you like the 2wd? Is it king motor?

Yea ,the old 10 year old model ,the KM 1000 ,the 2wd is squirrelly to drive ,so I want the 4wd!
It also don't handle very well in the rougher terrain an small jumps!..😂
Oh man, now your making me wonder if 4wd is the way to go🥴

So I'm gonna go with
If I was going 4WD I’d get the Losi for reliability reasons. For 2WD, the Rovan has proven to be excellent. I went that route to keep maintenance as simple as possible.
I heard alot of good things about the king motors tho. And the extra couple hundred I can modify some things on it that i would've spent on the losi.

Back